Sassy FPS Borderlands 2 Is Coming to Vita Sooner Than You Think

Posted by Nicola Hayden

Locked and loaded

We often pray for rumoured release dates to come true – and thankfully this time the retailers may be on the mark. Borderlands 2 publisher 2K Games has shared on Twitter that the PlayStation Vita version of its loot-'n'-shoot smash will be arriving on 18th March. The message has since been deleted, suggesting that someone prematurely let the cat out of the bag.

Nevertheless, there are still questions regarding whether the port will feature shared Trophies, cross-save functionality, and even cross-buy with its console counterpart. For those that have already invested in the game's mountain of DLC, it would probably be nice if that was available for free. Are you going to be joining the hunt for the first time with this re-release, or are you going to hit the level cap for the eleventh time? Share your adventurous escapades in the comments section below.

Update: 2K Games has Tweeted that the abovementioned release date for Borderlands 2 was "posted in error" and is "incorrect". It seems like a pretty specific blunder to make, but we guess that we'll just have to wait for more details.

[via twitter.com, vg247.com]

Wesker

Wesker said:

I'm playing through this on PS3 as part of the PS Plus offerings. The performance is hardly great on PS3 so I have to wonder how it will run on Vita. If it runs well and the DLC is availabe too I'm interested.

Also, this made me laugh; "her game love knows no bounds – and neither does her backlog." ;)

I don't know why exactly.

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

Twit already deleted... This is spiderman and blackops declassified all over!

@Sanquine Possibly. My guess is they probably have a PlayStation Blog post coming later today, and deleted for that reason. We'll see, though. With Sony being intimately involved in this, I'm hopeful it comes out good - but they also ported Epic Mickey 2. :|

Sonicfan11589

Sonicfan11589 said:

UGH! Why does it have to (allegedly) release the day Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD release. I still might pick this up.

SimonAdebisi

SimonAdebisi said:

If it was free on ps3 PS plus then I don't see it selling very well on vita. I've yet to try it out on the ps3 yet

calin1010

calin1010 said:

So is this going to be the GOTy editon with the (I think) 4 dlcs or just the game we already have for free with Plus? I'm guessing it's going to be full price at 35£, so it would be wise to add at least some dlc in the package to be worth the price

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I just started playing this on the 360 and can say its a vast improvement over the first one, still don't think I would get this on Vita. Now if they brought this over to PS4 with updated graphics and such like they are doing with Tomb Raider I would highly consider double dipping. As long as Gaige is playable. :D

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

We've entered an age where it takes so long to port games to different systems that we end up not really caring any more. It's crazy.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Btw, is BioShock Vita still in development?

EDIT: I see it never was in development...

Anyways, now I'm really looking forward to this.

Punished_Boss

Punished_Boss said:

Yep, 2K games/Take Two are definitely being kept in the dark about this port or they just don't care or both.
A port of an AAA game handled by a indie developer and a platform holder so keen to reassign its handheld into a n accessory. If it hasn't already done so.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Hey I called it! Newegg hit it on the head. Regardless if they change the date so as not to coincide with FFX, the fact they tweeted the previously listed date proves Newegg does in fact receive reliable info. They also had Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus (Vita) listed but that has since been removed, though I did manage to pre order it while the listing was active. GoW Collection (Vita) is also listed, but with a placeholder date of Dec 31, 2014.

Now, if only the May 6 release date on Newegg of Bayonetta 2 holds true, which is possible considering Gamestop also has the game listed for May.