PS4 Shooter Destiny Flies You to Mars in New Screenshots

Like a David Bowie jam

Contrary to popular belief, Mars isn’t just a red rock populated by little more than swirling dust – it’s actually the home to a bunch of intergalactic space battles, as evidenced by these brand new Destiny screenshots. Deployed earlier today in order to accompany this week’s much smaller set, the images focus on the abovementioned crimson comet, as well as some violent skirmishes on Venus.

Bungie’s next generation first-person shooter is still some months away from its September release, but the developer has promised a beta at some point in the Spring. With sales of Call of Duty: Ghosts proving slightly disappointing, publisher Activision will be counting on this to be a colossal hit. Do you think that it's got the chops? Throw your thoughts among the stars in the comments section below.

[via bungie.net, vg247.com]

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

Looks pretty good, but I'm still not sold on it. I'm gonna need to see some gameplay before I can let myself get hyped about this.

Bad-MuthaAdebis

Bad-MuthaAdebis said:

I hope at least this or watchdogs does what it says on the tin. I have a feeling though that destiny might disappoint, I hope not. It does though look very good. I'm still more impressed with watchdogs so far.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@RyoHazuki

It's actually the opposite for me, Destiny has some good ideas and I trust Bungie will deliver a great experience. Watch_Dogs on the other hand... It's stretched out among so many different consoles and it looked terrible in recent showings. It's already been delayed once, still doesn't have a new release date and we haven't heard anything about it since the initial delay. Just seems like a troubled development cycle from an unproven team inside Ubisoft which is a very up and down company.

eLarkos

eLarkos said:

I imagine Bungie will deliver on this. Personally I prefer brighter colour palettes so visually im not that into it but im sure it will be a good game nonetheless.

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

@Gamer83: I agree with you. At first I was really excited about Watchdogs but after all these delays I am really worried about it now. In fact I am almost expecting it to be a disappointment.

@Tasuki @Gamer83 Yeah, Watch Dogs looked extremely rough at the Eurogamer Expo. The writing was on the wall regarding the delay when they wouldn't let anyone play it.

Having said that, it could still come good. Considering the amount of money Ubisoft's pumping into it, they better hope so... :|

Bad-MuthaAdebis

Bad-MuthaAdebis said:

@Gamer83 yeah, I'm going to wait a month or the two before I buy either. I hope one of them turns out decent enough. I just thought from the gameplay I've seen watchdogs looks the smoother. If they both turn out well then life away from the ps4 won't exist.

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

Yeah I think when the time comes I will probably rent Watchdogs from Gamefly.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@eLarkos Actually this is colorful for a shooter nowadays...

I hope the PS3 version is good so I don't have to get the PS4 version. I don't want to pay for online, and this is online only last I checked.

DirectAim

DirectAim said:

Bungee don't make bad games, watchdogs looked amazing in the trailers but the leaked footage looked really bad!

Destiny is going to be awesome I just hope they do more videos showing off the games features, not seen enough of how the game actually works