Hideo Kojima Won't Stop Tweeting Out Teases for Metal Gear Solid 5

Posted by Kell Andersen

Raiden dirty

Who needs fancy press releases when we have Hideo Kojima's Twitter feed? The man is a walking marketing machine, tweeting out picture upon picture of the upcoming Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes, and sending our Soliton hype radars into overdrive. Most recently, he posted a screenshot of the exceedingly endearing PlayStation 4 exclusive feature that will allow you to play as a janky and pixelated character model from the franchise's PSone days.

The other images show Solid Snake's remarkably well dressed Japanese voice actor Akio Otsuka having a grand old time testing out the title using Sony's recently announced HMZ T-3 Head Mounted Display. Oh, and just to clarify, that is absolutely not the fabled VR headset that the Japanese giant may or may not be working on. Instead, it's an entirely different and completely frivolous piece of tech that would undoubtedly require seven separate mortgages to purchase.

The best picture of the lot, though, reveals the incoming game's suitably un-stealthy box art. Just, er, go ahead and ignore that green box on the left there. Are you getting excited for the hotly anticipated title? Do you think that the franchise's signature brand of tactical espionage action is rock solid? Switch controller ports in the comments section below.

[via twitter.com]

Related Games

I'm getting quite excited for this. It's awesome to have a bit of Metal Gear so early in the generation.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@get2sammyb

Agreed. My only concern is the length of this game. If it's in the 8-hour range that would be great, but I've got a feeling it might be shorter. Either way, it's a nice teaser and then just a few days later it's on to inFamous: Second Son.

ReigningSemtex

ReigningSemtex said:

I'm really hyped for ground zeroes now I pre ordered yesterday I am hoping that it is a few hours long but as long as the game play is there I don't mind. Hey guys remember the ps1 metal gear solid demo I played that thing repeatedly for hours because the game play was solid (pun intended).

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@get2sammyb

It is just a $30 download on PS4 right? and $20 I believe on PS3. So yeah, unfortunately, 4, at max, may be the best we can hope for. It's MGS though so whatever is there I'm sure will be awesome, I'm fully expecting this to get me really pumped up for Phantom Pain. I wasn't overly excited for it at first but the closer we're getting to Ground Zeroes, the more hyped up I'm getting. Definitely a different approach it seems like, but one that could do great things for the series if Kojima pulls it off well.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

@Carl-G MGS is a frammimg system-seller. Oh man I'm also hoping we get MGO back! My favorite online experience, hands-down.
@ReigningSemtex lol of course! that demo blew everything else away and it's only the first room. What a good PS Underground cd (Medieval, GT2, etc)

Volmun

Volmun said:

im really annoyed this isn't a PS4 exclusive or at the verry least a PS4 XBOne game... (id be happy with just PS4 &3 too) but knowing its on 360 aswell just means the game wont be as good as it culd have been.. or use the PS4 to its potential (something KnacK buged me for not using the controler fully)

banacheck

banacheck said:

The PS4 box looks the best I cannot wait for Ground Zeroes, I can guarantee if your going for the platinum (if there is one) you'll be playing Ground Zeroes for days.

Volmun

Volmun said:

@brownleaves sadly yeah -_- id asume the game is good thow (hope..) also nice Wanda avatar (or how ever his names spelt lol love ICO and SotC cant wate for Last Gordian)

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

I'd like to know if the exclusive xbox Raiden level will ever come to Sony consoles or will it forever remain "x"clusive.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@ThreadShadow

I wouldn't be shocked at all if the PS 'exclusive' content is released on Xbox and the Xbox 'exclusive' content is released on PS at some point. That's always how this stuff works. A few months down the line both DLC missions will be available, probably for $3-$5 on all platforms the game is released for.

@ReigningSemtex
Yeah, I pre-ordered a physical copy for $40. I was listing the online prices because I was speculating based on that how long the game might be. I'd hope for 8 hours, but even for $15-$20 downloads, you don't usually get more than 4 hours of gameplay. Guess we'll see.Still looking forward to it regardless. The wait for MGS 4 was crazy, even 2 didn't release until close to a full year after PS2. To get any MGS at all, this early, is great.

ReigningSemtex

ReigningSemtex said:

@Gamer83 the wait for metal gear solid 4 was even longer for me because I didn't get a ps3 until the end of 2009 but mgs4 was the first game I bought and the graphics still amaze me I'm really hoping ground zeroes will be just as amazing

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@ReigningSemtex

Given that this is more of a prologue and there probably won't be much to it, I'm not expecting anything amazing. I think it'll be very, very good though and do its job hyping people up for the full release of Phantom Pain.

ReigningSemtex

ReigningSemtex said:

@Gamer83 no i'm sure it won't be anything too revolutionary but I just hope it's long enough to get a feel of what the new direction mgs is heading with the open world design.