Gasp, Outlast Confirmed for February EU Instant Game Collection

Posted by Kell Andersen

The rumours were true

We've been keeping our eyes on Red Barrels' popular horror title Outlast for a long time now. Mostly in the hopes that our fearless leader Sammy Barker wouldn't force us to sit through the terrifying ordeal for a review, but also because of the glowing reception that the game received following its release on the PC. Most recently, rumours were floating around the Internet that the PlayStation 4 version of the survival horror would be joining the European Instant Game Collection this February.

And it seems that these rumours were absolutely true, with a recent Facebook post from the developer confirming the fact. In truth, we're almost certain that the Japanese giant signed a horrifying and nefarious deal with some unspeakable force of darkness to secure this game for its PlayStation Plus lineup. However Sony managed it, though, we have to admit a certain measure of trepidation at the thought of getting our trembling hands on the acclaimed horror title. Will you be giving Outlast a try, or would you prefer a slightly more relaxing experience? Scare yourself silly in the comments section below.

[via facebook.com]

chazaroonie

chazaroonie said:

This looks awesome! Can't wait to play a proper next gen fright-fest.

@Cowboysfan-22, I've read that it is part of the IGC for the US as well as EU so fear not, you can scare your socks off too.

RaevenStaff

Raeven said:

Whoda thunk it? ;) Very excited to try this.....once, and then never dare touch it again...

adf86

adf86 said:

I think they announced it at E3 that it was coming to plus along with Don't Starve, Secret Ponchos & The binding of isaac.

Cloud7794

Cloud7794 said:

It kinda saddens me with all these indies for PS4 PS+. Not because I have anything against indies, but those devs are making games just to have them instantly made free. I know they sign a deal and are probably making a good chunk of change from it, but since I can't immediately see that I always feel sorry for them @_@

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

Ps4....spanky new 50" gaming TV and finally a game for the new console I'm interested in :)

Cabooselololol

Cabooselololol said:

@Cloud7794 Sony pays Indie devs a pretty penny for letting them use thier games in the IGC and it helps the both Sony and Devs. Sony dosent have to pay a large amount to secure a AAA game for the IGC and the devs get thier game promoted, are guaranteed payment and once its left IGC, people who have it will suggest their friends to buy it.

Cloud7794

Cloud7794 said:

@Cabooselololol I guess the benefits do outweigh the cost (though I expected as much, it's just hard to see it that way when from our end it looks like highway robbery XP