Game of the Year: Watch Us Recap the Top Three PlayStation Games of 2013

Posted by Push Square Staff

Like a Channel 4 countdown in a fraction of the time

Game of the Year ain’t over until video editor Ben Potter renders one final YouTube wrap-up – and that’s exactly what the straight-talking movie man’s gone and done. That’s right, with our fictional Gold Trophy predictably presented to tear jerking undead-‘em-up The Last of Us earlier today, we’ve gone and put a big fat full-stop on 2013 – albeit a few hours late.

We’ll be encouraging you to vote for your favourites in one last article tomorrow – hey, we’ve got to pad out the slow festive period somehow – and then we’ll be turning our attention to new games rather than arguing over old ones. For now, though, we’ll leave you with the dulcet tones of our resident Final Cut aficionado – and a few handy links in case you missed any of our coverage.

adf86

adf86 said:

Have you guys ever considerd doing a podcast on weekly or monthly basis? Would be cool if you did...if you guys can find the time to do it.

Cloud7794

Cloud7794 said:

I'm glad that The Last of Us got the gold (though it was about as much a surprise as a new Call of Duty being announced). I haven't gotten the chance to play it myself only because I fear it'll be too much like Uncharted. I admit that that both games are high points of the PS3's lifetime and that both are beautifully done, but I was never too partial to Uncharted. Just wasn't my type of game.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@Cloud7794

I'm a big fan of the Uncharted games and TLoU and honestly, I don't think they're that much alike. TLoU does have a cover-shooting system, one that I actually find much better than Uncharted's, but it's also a much more deliberately paced game. I did more sneaking and hand-to-hand combat than shooting. Most of the shooting I did was in the scripted sequences where you have no choice. There's also not really any platforming in TLoU either, certainly not like there is in Uncharted. I'd recommend giving it a try if you ever get the chance.

ZeD

ZeD said:

Who is sound the voice over? You sound like the guys from PSAccess - this is a compliment as it is so easy to listen too. I hope 2014 brings podcast and more videos. I think that anyone who owns a ps3 and hasn't played The Last of Us should sell their ps3 in shame!

Confused_DudeStaff

Confused_Dude said:

@Splat Unless you're down with me literally parroting the written review back to you over some game footage, we've still got a little way to go first :)

LDXD

LDXD said:

@Gamer83 @Cloud7794 imo the gameplay in uncharted and TLoU is almost exactly the same minus the platforming, story & characters it could almost pass as the same game
For me one uncharted was enough I started with 2 couldn't get into 3 and had to force myself to play through TLoU just because I spent $60 on it, ultimately I traded in a few weeks after I bought it something I never do I guess the game just wasn't for me I have a hard time finding what's so great about it because if you're not interested in the story the gameplay won't pull you in and there's no reason to play it