Better Top Up Your Wallets - PSN Launches Another Sale in North America

Posted by Chris Lloyd

14 for 14

Sony are at it yet again, tempting us with all sorts of discounted greatness. Its latest promotion offers 28 games (14 for PS3, 14 for Vita) at up to half price, or up to 75 percent off for PlayStation Plus members. Highlights include the theatrical platformer Puppeteer for $7.00, fantastical JRPG Tales of Xillia for $10.00, and portable FPS Killzone Mercenary for $9.00.

Will you be treating yourself to a new game or two? Splash your cash in the comments section below.

PS3

BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien ($3.75, $7.49)
Crysis 3 ($5.00, $9.99)
Deus Ex Human Revolution: Director’s Cut ($13.49, $14.99)
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition ($5.00, $9.99)
F1 2013 ($20.99, $29.99)
Far Cry Blood Dragon ($3.75, $7.49)
Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (Cross Buy) ($5.24, $7.49)
Pool Nation ($2.25, $4.49)
Puppeteer ($7.00, $13.99)
Rain ($3.75, $7.49)
Rayman Legends ($35.99, $47.99)
Tales of Xillia ($10.00, $19.99)
The Wolf Among Us Season Pass ($13.49, $14.99)
Thomas Was Alone (Cross Buy) ($2.50, $4.99)

PS Vita

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two ($7.50, $14.99)
Killzone: Mercenary ($9.00, $17.99)
LIMBO PS Vita ($3.75, $7.49)
Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut PS (Cross Buy) ($5.24, $7.49)
METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER ($6.99, $9.99)
PIXELJUNK MONSTERS: ULTIMATE HD ($3.75, $7.49)
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time PS Vita ($6.75, $13.49)
Soul Sacrifice ($9.00, $17.99)
SPELUNKY (Cross Buy) ($3.75, $7.49)
Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark (Cross Buy) ($4.19, $5.99)
The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season ($5.00, $9.99)
Thomas Was Alone (Cross Buy) ($2.50, $4.99)
Velocity Ultra Vita ($2.00, $3.99)
Worms Revolution Extreme ($3.75, $7.49)

Other Discounts

Proteus (Cross Buy) ($5.94, $8.49)

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

Cloud7794

Cloud7794 said:

Puppeteer, Killzone: Mercenary, The Walking Dead, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Limbo, and Crysis 3 are what I'll be grabbing. That's a total of... $33.50. Maybe Pixeljunk Monsters as well. Hoping my financial aid comes in by next Tuesday, then they'll all be mine _

Kayoss

Kayoss said:

getting Kill zone mercenary, Tales of Xillia, and puppeteer. These games at these prices, I should be arrested because i feel like im stealing from Sony.

RawShark

RawShark said:

Having The Wolf Among Us Season Pass discounted is a bit out of order. I bought it on the day of release and we haven't even seen the second episode yet! They should only discount stuff like that once all episodes have been released or else early adopters like will will feel like a yutz. Hope this discount doesn't see the light of day in the EU.

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

I'm glad that Sony have me that $10 when I bought a PS4. That way I can take advantage of these sales without feeling like I'm spending money when I know I have enough games to play at the moment. I think I might get Lone Survivor.

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

Definitely can't pass up puppeteer there. I thought I was dumb for missing a sale earlier, but this is perfect.

As a huge jrpg fan disappointed with this past gen, what kind of game is tales? I've never played one before. What game is it comparable to, what kind of battle system, etc.

LDXD

LDXD said:

Wow OK more money I'm gonna spend on games @#%#!!! I'll never catch up on my back log
Enslaved, tales of xillia and spelunky will be download today when I get home
Maybe wolf among us also I'm gonna have to watch some videos on it I rember something about it not sure what, has anyone played this game? is it any good?

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

@LDXD we played the first episode in October. It was good, but not worth waiting til who knows when for episode 2. Still no release date.

JMC

JMC said:

@LDXD
I played The Wolf Among Us and enjoyed it a lot. It's has a similiar format to The Walking Dead, as both are from Telltale, but The Wolf Among Us is based on the comic book Fables (NOT required to understand what's going on). You control the Big Bad Wolf from fairy tales, who is human (sort of) on the game and a good detective and sees himself involved on a murder case.
The story is quite good and the art style is better than that of The Walking Dead. Being episodic, there is no way of knowing if the story will evolve into something great or if it will fall apart and leave us disapointed. From what I've played, the story on The Walking Dead is better, but, in my opinion, The Wolf Among Us is defintely worth a look.

LDXD

LDXD said:

@ztpayne7 @JMC ahhh thanks for the quick responses guys I'm pretty sure I got this confused with blood of the werewolf which is a platformer type of game on PC

JMC

JMC said:

I heard a lot of good stuff about Far Cry: Blood Dragon. Can someone who played it tell if it is really good?

GooRoo

GooRoo said:

I've been waiting for a price drop on Killzone Mercenary. I feel pretty confident I won't see it lower for a while. :) Also going to pick up Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon and Tales of Xillia. Going to have to look into a few others.

Gmork___

Gmork___ said:

MG peace walker doesn't have a ps+ discount??? its $9.99. whats going on??? ill get it anyway. should I wait?

SilentJ

SilentJ said:

Just bought Velocity Ultra, Killzone: Mercenary, Puppeteer, and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. I might get a couple more games later in the week. These deals are just too good to pass up. :D

Kayoss

Kayoss said:

I dont know when i will have time to play all these games? I just bought KZ, Puppeteer, Tales of Xillia, and I also downloaded DMC and Bioshock. All of these will take me about 7-8 months to complete. Damn is it me that doing this to myself or is it Sony's fault?

EGMagnus

EGMagnus said:

Puppeteer, Tales of Xillia, Bit Trip, Rain, and Enslaved Odyssey. Sony is so good to us nowadays, it makes me want to cry XD.

Tylluan-LlwydStaff

Tylluan-Llwyd said:

Is anyone going to give Proteus a go? It's not much of a game, but as an experience it gives you a real feeling of wanderlust. Worth a try at that price.

mibtar

mibtar said:

I'm just wondering, do they get these kind of deals on XBox Live? Coz PS+ deals are insane.

LDXD

LDXD said:

Omg!! I just slapped myself in the face a few times for not being a PS+ member

LDXD

LDXD said:

@Cowboysfan-22 never played it but I keep hearing good things and if your a PS+ member can't beat $10 I'm debating on spending $20 and I have jrpgs to play

LDXD

LDXD said:

Can anyone answer this if I sign up do I get the free games forever or are they only available as long as I have PS+?

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Deals like this are why I love PS Plus. I'm definitely getting Spelunky and Peace Walker. May get one or both of Crysis 3 and Enslaved as well.

@JMC
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is great. The whole cheesey 80s movie vibe to it was awesome and the open world was fun to explore. I'd say check it out if you're a fan of first person games and 80s nostalgia.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

This is when having PlayStation Plus really pays off. I picked up Tales of Xillia, Puppeteer, The Walking Dead: Complete First Season, and Velocity Ultra. All for only $24. I might pick up Far Cry: Blood Dragon as well.

Oh and it seems that the price for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is actually $6.99 with the PS Plus discount.