Alien: Isolation Stalks PS4, PS3 Later This Year

Believe it or not

Are those the cogs of the press cycle being kicked back into gear, or are we being pursued by a great leathery Martian? We’re going to assume it’s the latter, as SEGA has decided to give the ol’ Ridley Scott thing another bash, confirming that Total War developer Creative Assembly is working on Alien: Isolation for the PlayStation 3 and, of course, PlayStation 4.

The macabre sequel sees you assume the role of Amanda, the daughter of Ellen Ripley. Taking a little inspiration from Amnesia: The Dark Descent, the survival horror escapade will see you stalked by a lone Xenomorph as you search a remote trading station named the Sevastopol in search of a flight recorder from the abovementioned heroine’s ship.

The first trailer certainly looks promising, but given what happened to Aliens: Colonial Marines, we recommend tempering your expectations just a touch until the publisher opts to show more. Are you in the market for another intergalactic fright-fest, or has Gearbox’s shoddy shooter soured you on this series entirely? Avoid us in the comments section below.

Related Games

fullyilly

fullyilly said:

I want an Aliens game that is truly superb like nothing else. But this bit...

'stalked by a lone Xenomorph as you search a remote trading station named the Sevastopol in search of a flight recorder '

...feels more like a single mission than a game.

Fingers crossed though. Fingers crossed.

SimonAdebisi

SimonAdebisi said:

I so want this to be awesome. I feel it may be a little lacking when it comes around. Ps4 only would have been better me thinks.

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

What happened with Colonial Marines is that Sega handed development to Gearbox who then decided to out-source it themselves to a developer Id never even heard of myself. Here we have an internal Sega studio working on the title so I doubt we'd have anything like the fiasco Gearbox regurgitated for Sega.
I think they could be on to something here. A singular Alien that could kill you in seconds & a lack of weapons would instill more fear than a dozen you can destroy with a Smart Gun in a blink of an eye. We'll have to see how this one goes, but Im hopeful seen as Sega are keeping this one internally developed

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

This looks good...but then, I thought Colonial Marines was impossible to mess up, so I shall be very careful with my expectations.

@SuperSilverback The first movie also only had one alien...and it was awesome, so...

But a game is a different thing, of course.

SuperSilverback

SuperSilverback said:

@Reverend_Skeeve Yeah the movie is fantastic, but long is it? Roughly 2 hours.

Gona be hard to make a lengthy and entertaining game with limited stuff happening is what i mean. Hopefully im proved wrong cause i love the Aliens universe

SimonAdebisi

SimonAdebisi said:

I am a certified alien and giger nerd. Alien 3 also had only one alien which gestated inside an animal. It was faster and and made for some great chasing scenes. Alien 3 also had some classic scenes in air vents. I still have alien 3 game on the megadrive/genesis. Its still pretty scary.

fullyilly

fullyilly said:

I think we need to realise that this game evidently isn't a shooter of any description (at least I cant see how it could be a shooter with only one enemy throughout an entire game...unless the crew have a sudden onset of zombiefication...please god no) and is likely to be more of a Myst style game, a point and click horror/adventure.

Not saying that this a bad idea, just not my cup of tea personally.

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

@SuperSilverback Agreed...I would at least hope that the game is longer than two hours...but with modern campaigns getting shorter and shorter, who knows? ;)

@RyoHazuki Still have Aliens 3 on my SNES. Awesome game. And I even did complete it...was hard, though.

LDXD

LDXD said:

I don't really trust Sega or CA on this after the abomination that was Rome 2
I hope they can redeem themselves