Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Moors on PS4 in January

There's a Lara games to look forward to

As hinted earlier in the year, Lara Croft’s holiday from Hell is set to be prolonged on the PlayStation 4 next month. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition leaked on the Italian arm of Amazon in November, and has now popped up on the official website for tonight’s VGX Awards, all but confirming the port’s existence. The still unannounced title will supposedly wash up on store shelves on 28th January.

The abovementioned product listing indicated that the re-release would come with all of the reboot’s DLC expansions, as well as an art book and premium packaging. Expect a resolution bump and those fancy hair physics from the PC version to be implemented, too. The big question is: are you willing to double-dip? Protect us in the comments section below.

[via neogaf.com, gematsu.com]

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

I just got Tomb Raider for $15 on Black Friday - and GTA V for $35 - so I don't think I'll be picking up the PS4 version.

Sonicfan11589

Sonicfan11589 said:

I got the game due to a flash sale on PSN some time ago, $30. AMAZING GAME WITH SUCH BELIEVABLE VOICE ACTING.

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

Didn't get the game so if I feel like I need some more PS4 games Ill keep an eye on this one.

I think the release window is really smart. People that haven't played it yet will be eager for something 'new' to play on PS4, while those who liked it may be tempted to play it again if it comes with some nifty packaging and improved visuals.

@RisefromAshes You could just ignore it? I personally feel that they should still include it, but maybe change the Trophies so you don't have to play it for the Platinum.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

I saw an ad for the game on GameTrailers last night...thought it was odd since it hadn't REALLY been announced yet. Silly people. :P

@RisefromAshes: I agree...unless, as Sammy suggested, they remove the MP Trophies. I don't realistically expect them to do either of those things, though. They're more likely to keep the existing Trophy set and maybe pack in some of the MP DLC from previous versions of the game.

zeldagaymer93

zeldagaymer93 said:

This actually really excites me! I'm ready to own a Sony system but don't want to buy a PS3 since I know I will need a PS4 in a year. So now I can still play a highly rated game without a PS3 :)

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

Loved it on PS3. Not sure I would double dip though, certainly not at full price.

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

I will be picking it up. I never owned the game I just borrowed it from a friend so this is good news for someone like me.

Visiblemode

Visiblemode said:

@artemisthemp yeah price is the big factor for me too. I got the PS4 version day one. I LOVE this game and would love to replay it on PS4. However...for 60 bucks, I'll wait. So, we'll see. Afterall, this is just a return to the HD remasters of last gen, so max $40 value and a swift plummet to $20.