Rumour: PS4 Exclusive The Order: 1886 Burning Down London in Fall 2014

Golly gosh

The Order: 1886 has had a vague 2014 release window attached to it since its announcement at E3 earlier in the year – but a Twitter discussion between two developers may have inadvertently narrowed that timeframe down over the weekend. A conversation between Sony Santa Monica’s director of technology Tim Moss and Ready at Dawn founder Andrea Pessino hinted that the intriguing alternate history release could be showcasing Sony’s vaunted new mustachio engine next fall, suggesting that the game may be the platform holder’s big pre-Christmas release.

“Scenes from the PlayStation 4 launch in Germany and Austria,” Moss said, linking to some of the viral videos from last week’s European launch. “I think that we have a hit.” Pessino promptly responded to this message, stating that it’s “the best console ever” to which Moss replied that he’s looking forward to what Ready at Dawn “make [the console] do next fall”. “Yeah, me too,” answered Pessino, with a winking face.

Despite the game’s approaching release, we still haven’t seen a whole lot of The Order: 1886. The title received some off-screen gameplay footage courtesy of a Game Informer cover story earlier in the year, but the manufacturer’s been very quiet about the historical shooter otherwise. We suspect that with the PS4 on store shelves across Europe and North America, though, the floodgates could be about to open soon. It’d be nice if this weekend’s VGX Awards offered a decent glimpse at the exclusive with exquisite facial hair, wouldn’t it?

[via twitter.com, vg247.com]

fredjosh

fredjosh said:

Can people please take my survey for my Senior level engineering class? it is about video game controllers and i need a lot of responses it is only 10 questions and you will remain anomynous. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QTDGPR3

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

@fredjosh took the survey, but honestly not sure how you will interpret the results. For example, I am very happy with the DS3's battery life, but not happy with the DS4's reduced battery life. For which system should I have answered the questions? I chose to answer for the DS4 because it is the latest, but the survey doesn't know that. Not sure how you will apply the general questions to multiple systems meaningfully. Just my thoughts.

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

This game looks great and has so much potential. I am certainly interested.
But these days I refuse to believe anything, until I see game play.

Spidernoir

Spidernoir said:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that guy looks like Charles Lee from Assassins Creed 3 ?

DoublezZ01

DoublezZ01 said:

damn say it isn't so, that long I hope not. ..if it's going to take that long to complete the game I hope the story is 4 times as long as the Uncharted games and the last of us