PS4 Gives Lara Croft's Hair a Lift in Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

She's worth it

Yes, we already sort of knew about it – but Square Enix has now finally confirmed that Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is coming to the PlayStation 4. The re-release will wash up on 28th January, and will augment the adventure with the TressFX hair physics from the PC version. The title will also boast improved textures and will run in 1080p resolution. It will not, however, support stereoscopic 3D televisions.

The port’s being produced as part of a collaboration between Crystal Dynamics, Nixxes, and Sleeping Dogs developer United Front Games. Of course, we already knew most of this when the title leaked on Amazon Italy earlier in the year. Supposedly it will ship in a premium package and will come with all of the game’s multiplayer DLC expansions, too. We know that you’re all eager to enjoy some more competitive tomb raiding, after all.

Shaolin

Shaolin said:

This is brilliant news! I had heard it was coming but feared that it might be later. Good times ahead!

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

I will get it. I borrowed if from a friend and beat but I love this one. One of the best of 2013.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

I really wish it were coming out the middle of this month, I'd definitely consider buying it. However, since Thief is still on track, Jan. 28 is just too close to that game. Those who haven't played this yet though really shouldn't pass it up.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

@Gamer83 You're right, they shouldn't. Get it for around £15 on current gen consoles rather than £50-60 on next gen. Pointless waste of money.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@rastamadeus

Well I agree with that, I've been recommending the game every opportunity I get. It looks and plays perfectly fine on PS3 and 360.

RisefromAshes

RisefromAshes said:

Oh no.

The multiplayer is still in it.

I'm NOT grinding to level 60. I'm a pro trophy hunter. Besides, the multiplayer is awful without the discussion revolving around trophies.

I'd rather gladly suffer constipation all day than touch the multiplayer. LOL.

DoublezZ01

DoublezZ01 said:

im picky as hell, never cared to play stufff like tomb raider or splintercell, but because its on next gen,, maybe ill give this a chance!