Dying Light Looks Gory and Gorgeous in This PS4 Gameplay

Posted by Kell Andersen

Brainsss

This year's VGX Awards was, by most accounts, pretty atrocious. There were a few neat little game reveals, but for the most part, the show was full of Spike TV's signature brand of histrionic nonsense. One of the more interesting segments, however, was a live gameplay demo of the PlayStation 4 version of Dying Light. If you can bear the insufferable duo of Joel McHale and Geoff Keighley, you'll be treated to some deliciously gory daytime gameplay, as well as some nifty parkour. All things considered, it's probably best to just watch this one on mute.

And before we go inciting the next resolution-gate, an eager Techland employee was on hand to assure us that the next-gen version will run at a crisp 1080p. Phew. Are you looking forward to the survival horror title, or do you think that it looks Tech-bland? Suffer the wrath of the living dead in the comments section below.

Cowboysfan-22

Cowboysfan-22 said:

If there's one game that made me buy a ps4 it's this one. I am going to play the crap out of this game. It looks really impressive

dudeware

dudeware said:

If this game isn't better than dead island then I am officially done with Techland and their shit. Dead Island 2 was absolutely terrible, a complete rehash of the first one story and all. And hopefully they have changed up the story for this new zombie game seeing as it's got a mirrors edge kinda feel with the parkour added to it. It looks great, but the developer has got me worried.

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

Looks just like Dead Island to me with slightly better graphics. Maybe I'm missing something.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

Hopefully you can change perspective because it looks so awkward in first person. That aside, I'm still not sold on Dying Light yet, it just hasn't done anything to really "wow" me yet.

rjejr

rjejr said:

"This year's VGX Awards was, by most accounts, pretty atrocious. "

Glad to see somebody on PS say this. Reggie's' - "look, we have a playable ape in a DK game" - wasn't exactly one of Nintendo's greatest moments.

goonow

goonow said:

It looks like dead rising to me. Dead island sucked so i hope its not like that. I am looking forward to this! The gameplay looks fast and gory. Just need interesting weopons and combos. I would like to see a Weapon that lets you cut off apendages like in ryse, cause i dont have an xbone lol

Beaston61

Beaston61 said:

Dying Light, as promising as you seem, I remember your previus title, Dead Island, that I played on Steam. I can't believe I let my friends convince me to buy it, "If Dying Light is not better then I am officially done with their shit." - (Good line Dudeware) Techland this is your chance to make a game that isn't pants.So lets raise a glass to dying light, hope its good and not a death blight.

DoublezZ01

DoublezZ01 said:

Hope they have some more fictional stuff, gotta say dead rising 3 looks a bit more interesting! =/