Weirdness: What Happens If You Shoot a PS4 with a Sniper Rifle?

Boom, headshot

Sony’s next generation console may be suffering from some minor mishaps – but we don’t think that the platform holder’s support department will be sending a replacement for this particular system. YouTube user RatedRR – who’s garnered a fan base by shooting electronics with terrifying weapons – put together this horrifying video of a PlayStation 4 being torn to pieces by a .50 cal sniper rifle.

The first shot goes straight through the system, but it’s the second one that’s particularly shocking. The super slow motion replay shows a shockwave ripping the device to pieces, as the bullet cuts through the console and shoots out of its side. It’s incredible stuff, but it’s also undoubtedly frightening. Still, for as fascinating as the footage is, we're not sure that it's entirely worth the wasted hardware.

[via youtube.com]

HandandInternet

HandandInternet said:

Could have sold that for the price of 2 maybe 3 now stocks are out. Then he could have two PS4s at no cost, and shot one of those. But hey-ho, "'Merica".

Paranoimia

Paranoimia said:

Meh. I don't get these people.

I mean, fair enough, it's their money and once they've bought it they can do what they like, etc. But ffs, these are in short supply, and someone who really wants one, to use for its intended purpose, has had to go without because these asshats want their 5 minutes of internet fame.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

@Shellybird27 You'll need the stand when actually playing disc-based games so it keeps the console stable I'm guessing. But this guy just had it balanced on its side I think.

I shed a single tear watching this video.

Scorpio73

Scorpio73 said:

That was awesome! The .50 cal is such a joy to shoot, but I would have never blasted a shiny new PS4 like that. Cool video though.

DoublezZ01

DoublezZ01 said:

This guy is quite a **** weed! One of the ignorant of the US...bet he hunts anima k s for fun and leaves the boddies are they fall!

Cowboysfan-22

Cowboysfan-22 said:

Sony, your machine can't handle a .50 cal bullet? How is it suppose to survive my younger siblings? Sounds like I'll be getting the extended warranty

Epic

Epic said:

Instead of shooting it these guys could easily donate all the money to a charity.
T_T

IAmNotWill

IAmNotWill said:

They could have just handed it to me. Could've saved themselves a few bullets.

@Paranoimia It's just for entertainment purposes. It's not like they're never going to make anymore PS4's lol