Talking Point: Share Your European PS4 Launch Stories Here

Greatness comes to those that wait

The wait for the PlayStation 4 has been especially difficult for Europe. Those of you living in North America were able to snatch the next generation system two weeks ago, meaning that folks in the UK, France, and Germany have been left twiddling their thumbs for almost 14 days. No more, though, as the console arrives tonight across large chunks of the Old World – and we want to know all about your launch experience.

Are you waiting in line outside of your local retailer hoping to snag a stray system, or are you tucked up in front of the television while you wait for a delivery man to knock on your door? We want to know where you’re buying your console from, when you’re planning to hook it up, and what games you're planning to play first. Will you be jumping into Killzone: Shadow Fall to get your first taste of the new unit, or is it Resogun that you’ve got your eyes on?

In addition to information about your launch experience, we also want photos of your day one hauls. Are you snagging one of the Europe-exclusive Mega Bundles? Do you plan to add any additional DualShock 4’s to your spending spree? What about the new PlayStation Camera – is the enhanced lens at the top of your wishlist? Don’t forget to dive into the comments section and keep us informed.

If you’re reading this on your phone, or you are heading to a launch event, we’ve included plenty of reading material to keep your hype levels high while you wait for the clocks to strike midnight. We’ll also be active on Facebook and Twitter, so don’t forget to tap the ‘Like’ and ‘Follow’ buttons on the respective social networks in order to keep in constant contact with us throughout the night. Enjoy the launch.

Reviews

Key Reading

Gah, the North American folks made much more noise than you lot. Anyway, just caught up with @Jas-n, who's heading to GAME to snag his system imminently. Are you lot all in line - or have you gone to bed? :(

Kal-87

Kal-87 said:

Preordered in Perth, Australia. Now living in New Zealand. Completly sold out here. Mate picking my Perth order up today. Can't fly back for another two week. Currently drowning in a flood of my own tears. :'(

@Sanquine Oh no! Seriously, though, that's fair enough - I guess inFAMOUS is only three months away. We'll make sure to let you know what you're missing. :P

@Kal-87 At least you'll have one before Christmas! :D

Masenko

Masenko said:

I have a DPD tracking number. It is currently sitting at the depot, and I will wake up nice and early and wait for the postman tomorrow morning..!! My dualshock 4 has arrived, along with FIFA 14 and Ghosts...I don't know if I'll sleep tonight :s

SimonAdebisi

SimonAdebisi said:

Lucky you. I gave up on trying to get to tesco Stretford as there are no night buses whatsoever. Im going to asda at 4am for the 6am opening. I won't be very happy if I can't find one.

way2easy

way2easy said:

Walked straight in to eb games in Australia. Picked up my preordered PS4, camera, extra controller, NFS and Killzone. It's all working perfectly so pretty happy.

Ps4all

Ps4all said:

@get2sammyb FYI- they have been sold out in North America but apparently got a second wave for Black Friday. Standing in line right now to get my brother one. Viva ps4!!!!!

banacheck

banacheck said:

I had to show you guys this including Push Square, Castel Sant'Angelo in Rome the PlayStation4 launches in style with a light show.

I'm just waiting for my pre-order to be delivered today 29/11, at last it's here PlayStation4.

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

Picked mine up this morning (Aus time). Walked in, no lines, picked it up, they scratched my name off a long list and I walked out. Everything working smooth so far. Could not believe how fast the PS Store is compared to PS3. I laughed. Can't wait until it gets the same TV streaming apps that PS3 has over here. In time.

ZeD

ZeD said:

I got home at 12:30 and was up until 2am! Now I am off to to see Santa with my daughter! :D

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

Still waiting for UPS...according to the online tracking, my PS4 is in my city but not on the van yet. 30 mins left for delivery on time...but hopefully, it will come at all today. Killzone is ready. :D So excited.

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

IT IS HERE! :D *cough Sorry for shouting. :(

Now preparing some finger food for the Kindergarten-christmas-party of the li'll one...as soon as that's done, I'll set up the PS4, install all updates, download all the free games like Resogun and such, install Killzone and then, around 19:00 a friend will drop by and we shall find out together if greatness truly arrived! :D

Happy launch, fellow pushsquarers! :)

SimonAdebisi

SimonAdebisi said:

He who persists... or takes a nap; wins. Managed to grab me a launch day console. I've been up 28 hours and now it's time for killzone!

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Nice. I really like Killzone, hopefully you'll find it to have been worth the trouble of getting a system at launch.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

Welcome to the dark side, everybody : )
Don't forget to tell video options to display full color ranges and not be set to default auto cause it won't look as pretty!!!!

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

Oh my god! What a wonderful system! :) Everything runs fine so far (besides some minor PSN hick ups). Killzone looks eye-burningly beautiful...love it. But Resogun...man...@get2sammyb You were right about this game...what a trip...and what a treat. Truly one of those "easy to pick up, hard to master" games. Would pay for it in a heartbeat...all the better it's free, but if Housemarque releases the promised dlc (more ships and stages, I think), I'll buy that stuff asap.

jbwhitesnake

jbwhitesnake said:

Just picked up my ps4 from my local game store which i pre ordered in july ,lots of people standing in line trying to collect pre orders but lots of unhappy punters who where not getting there console, mouthy cow next to me was going of her nut at the poor sod behind the counter. She did not pre order early enough to get at launch but she and others where having none of it ,full scale shouting match , plenty of xbox one bundles know one was bothering with !!!!!!!!