Rainbow Moon Brightens Up PS Vita from 3rd December

Pot of gold

If you’re hungry for a little more strategy action on your PlayStation Vita, then German indie SideQuest Studios should have you covered. After a year of tailoring its engine for Sony’s slick handheld, the developer is finally ready to deploy its pocketable port of role-playing game Rainbow Moon.

For those that missed out on our review last July, we described the original PlayStation 3 release as a “long, beautiful adventure”. In addition to a pixel perfect recreation of the original console version, the outfit has augmented a bunch of new features, bug fixes, and more – all based on player feedback. It’s also added in cross-save compatibility, so you’ll be able to grind on the go.

Cross-buy is off the agenda for now, but the developer’s hinting that you’ll be able to take advantage of a 50 per cent discount if you’ve bought the game before. Sadly, you won’t be able to double-down on Trophies, as the game will share the same trinkets roster as its predecessor. If you’re still interested, though, you’ll be able to pick up the re-release on 3rd December in North America and 4th December in Europe.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com, blog.us.playstation.com]

Splat

Splat said:

I don't have a Vita but loved the PSN version. You can put countless hours in to it and it's cheap. You can't ask for much more.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I played this game for a lot of hours on my PS3 and got stuck at a difficult boss near the end. Then I bought a Wii U. And my family decided we should watch every episode of both Dragonball and DBZ.

I will return to it someday though.

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

Wow they toned down colors a little bit?

Guys, this game is super awesome. I beat platinum out of it. One of the best PS3 games ever =). It has so cool mood of Zelda, Dragon Quest and overall PS one jrpgs like Lunar 2, for example. Hell, I love EastAsia Soft =). I hope they fixed some issues of PS3 version, though.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

I just told a friend of mine that I really needed to sit down and finish up Rainbow Moon the other day. I'll be purchasing and cross-saving over to the Vita in December to do just this! :D

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Lelouch - Thanks, but its the only anime my kids know so far, though they have seen every single episode of Pokemon but I'm not sure that counts. I did marry my wife b/c she liked Ninja Scroll though. Can't believe that movie is 20 years old, I should throw a party. Wow Akira is 25? Damn I'm old.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

@rjejr Ninja Scroll is one of the first anime I ever saw,Iit's hard to believe I'm actually a year or so older than it. If you liked Ninja Scroll, than Basilisk seems like it would be right up your alley, they're both pretty similar, but only in a few areas.

The only anime I could suggest - that doesn't have blood, profanity or ridiculously bouncy women - would be Zatch Bell and Digimon. Digimon should hold their attention due to its similarities to Pokémon and Zatch Bell is just an amazing series.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Lelouch - " that doesn't have blood, profanity or ridiculously bouncy women"

After Akira I discovered Fist of the North Star (the good oringal movie, not the tv series edited into a movie) and some insane demon movie series full of rape and torture. The oringal blew my mind but by the 3rd I coudlnt take it anymore. I think I still have the original hidden away on VHS somewhere so the kids don't find it. The Demon Overlord, but in Japaense.