PS4 Launch Broadcast to Boast Announcements About 2014's Defining Games

It's happening

It looks like Geoff Keighley wasn’t exaggerating, as Sony really is set to debut some big news during Spike TV’s live PlayStation 4 launch party next week. Previously, the GameTrailers TV host had stated that the 14th November stream would include some world premieres, but now the platform holder has added that the show will play host to “announcements about the PS4 games that will define 2014 and beyond”.

Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida has warned followers not to expect any megatons during the event, but with Epic Games counting down to the broadcast, we wouldn’t rule out a bomb or two. With anticipation for the format likely to hit fever pitch shortly before the livestream airs, it’ll be interesting to see what the platform holder actually has planned. The action is set to unfold from 11PM EST, and we'll have full coverage throughout.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

UNC5052

UNC5052 said:

Maybe Yoshida is hinting that since we expect several big game announcements, we won't be surprised with no big game announcements. It sure would fit in with his sly humor.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

I hope Naughty Dog's game gets announced but I'm guessing Sony will hold that until one of the big conventions.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@DoublezZ01

Possibly, but Game Informer just had that cover story on it so I think Sony might take this opportunity to show some other games. More stuff about The Order would be cool though.

DoublezZ01

DoublezZ01 said:

Im just really hoping for a new mecha game! !! Wish gundam would come back the the states

Cowboysfan-22

Cowboysfan-22 said:

Persona 5 would make me pretty happy but there's a rumor that atlus might reveal something about it on the 24th.. I just want it to get here!

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@Cowboysfan-22

That'd be a huge announcement but I think even moreso for Japan. That's probably one that if it's going to happen will definitely happen at a later show. I'm almost positive this one will be more focused on stuff that's real popular in the west, so shooters, action and probably a sports game as well (I'm thinking more MLB 14 The Show footage).

drumsandperc92

drumsandperc92 said:

My top 3 announcements in order of what i'd want most:
1. the new game from Naughty Dog (don't care if it's Uncharted 4 or something brand new)
2. More of the Order (gameplay)
3. LittleBigPlanet 3