Persona 5 Aims to Break the Shackles of Life on PS3

Damn your love, damn your lies

Atlus’ recently announced Persona 5 will be filled with a hearty helping of high school angst if a recent Dengeki PlayStation report is representative of the upcoming PlayStation 3 release. The Japanese magazine claims that the hotly anticipated sequel will once again take place in a classroom, but will find its cast chained to a slew of modern-day problems. Not being able to find a PlayStation 4 in a local store is probably one of them.

According to the publication, the developer’s hoping to convey a sense of catharsis as you gradually overcome these setbacks, resulting in a slightly different vibe for the popular role-playing series. However, the studio’s eager to not isolate fans, adding that while the title will have a different mood to previous entries, there’ll still be plenty that long-term advocates will recognise. Feel free to breathe a sigh of relief, readers.

Of course, this idea of escape was evident in the title’s debut trailer, which showed five classroom chairs attached to a ball and chain. If you don’t have a figurative bone in your body, we’ll just make it clear that the shackles represent each character’s real-life problems. Our biggest issue right now is that we can’t find our copy of Rumours, and this article has made us desperate to listen to Fleetwood Mac’s late-seventies smash The Chain. Will someone please bring us together?

[via siliconera.com, siliconera.com]

Bliquid

Bliquid said:

Every time i read news about P5 i squeal higher than a One Direction fan.

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

I'll have to see a lot more before I get at all excited :) Granted I'm looking forward to it like everyone else, but I can't help but worry a little after the direction the series took with 4 (The dropping of the SMT tag should indicate what I mean) Let's wait and see

Cowboysfan-22

Cowboysfan-22 said:

P4 is probably my favorite gaming experience ever so I hope they keep the important stuff around for P5. Of course I want it to be different so I don't feel like I'm playing the same game, and I know Atlus will deliver.. Man I can't wait for this! It will be my most anticipated title until it comes out!

Cloud7794

Cloud7794 said:

I hope I get an experience similar to P3 with this one. P4 was amazing, but the story and narrative in P3 can't be beat.

ken-kujikawa

ken-kujikawa said:

Persona 4 was a breathe of fresh air after the dark and flipping depressing Persona 3. In Persona 4 the MC actually had friends which you could tell actually liked him. Persona 3 never felt like they were friends and the damn AI in persona 3 was dumb as hell. Besides Junpei persona 3 had no likeble characters. Hoping Persona 5 is different but no where near as depressing as persona 3.