Here's Everything That You Could Ever Want from a Shin Gundam Musou Trailer

Posted by Robert Ramsey

Eight minutes of explosions

We're well adjusted to the mayhem that's typically found in Dynasty Warriors games, but through this newest Shin Gundam Musou trailer, we've learned that the series' unadulterated chaos can be taken one step further.

Stretching on for almost nine minutes, the vast video covers everything from the storylines that make up Official Mode, to the devestating new types of super attacks that are on offer. About half of the clip is made up of cutscenes featuring screaming protagonists, and of course, there are more mobile suit explosions than you can possibly imagine. The mecha sequel also sees the return of space battles – conflicts set in zero gravity – which were stripped from the previous instalment. We can't shake the feeling, however, that the departure from Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3's cel-shaded appearance was the wrong choice – as a result, this newest entry looks rather bland in comparison, and certainly appears to be rough around the edges.

But still, a plethora of new suits, characters, super moves, and the return of Official Mode should hopefully make up for any visual missteps. Are you praying for the mechanical brawler to fly West, or will you be importing your fix of robot wrecking? Suit up in the comments section below.

Related Games

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

I remember I played on Dreamcast Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise From the Ashes. It was so cool. I want to play something like that in Gundam Universe one more time.

Cowboysfan-22

Cowboysfan-22 said:

Japanese voice actors have always sounded so cheesy to me. I don't how people say subbed stuff is better than dubbed

divinelite

divinelite said:

DAY ONEEEEEEE
Gundam breaker is great aside of the same navigator voice every single battle, but this one will have so many different voices
I would import this in a heartbeat, yeah

divinelite

divinelite said:

@Cowboysfan-22 maybe because I'm Asian myself, so I prefer much Japanese voice than awkward English. I have no problem with English as long as not compared though, somehow I don't find trouble listening to dub as long as not listen to originals

Then again, Korean language doesn't do well for me, never like it dunno why

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

@Gingko Every other main Gundam Musou game has been, so hopefully. They're usually announced for a western release shortly after the title launches in Japan, so we'll know soon enough.

@RyoHazuki Good idea, the subtitles should be a safe bet.

@SuperSlilverback YOU'VE GOT THE TOUCH!

DoublezZ01

DoublezZ01 said:

Duuuude. ... this is sooooo damn awesome I wouldn't even compare it that much to the last 3!!!!! No. Worries for those woundering. ... the West should be getting this in 6 or 7 months! !!! Can't wait to finally play as the Banshee! !!! Wish ridhe was the pilot! Ah well!

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

That...was amazing. Now I'm totally psyched. Again. The western release could not come sooner.

BTW, I didn't recognize quite all of the mobile suits they used. I'm impressed.

DoublezZ01

DoublezZ01 said:

my fault dude, i think i was falling asleep when i replied!!! lol as its posted right above XD