Graphics Coder Corrinne Yu Dumps Microsoft for Naughty Dog

Already loving PS4

Programmers rarely ever take centre stage in the games industry, but Corrinne Yu has enormous pedigree behind the scenes. Having cut her teeth as an elite programmer on the classic adventure title King’s Quest for the Apple II, she adopted many game development roles before eventually winding up as the Director of Technology at Gearbox, where she played a pivotal part in modifying the Unreal Engine for the first Borderlands.

This enabled her to take on a new job at 343 Industries, where she worked as a Principal Engine Architect for Halo 4, and is widely regarded as one of the reasons that that title looked so good on the Xbox 360. Unfortunately for that team, she’s now adopted a new role as a PlayStation 4 graphics programmer at Naughty Dog – and a brief glance at her Twitter account suggests that she’s relishing the position.

“I am loving PS4 graphics coding,” she explained, after receiving a slew of congratulatory messages earlier today. “No more Windows 8 for me. [I’m] so happy.” Considering Yu’s outstanding resume, this can only bode well for Uncharted PS4, which we assume that the luminary’s been recruited to work on. Naughty Dog is no visual slouch at the best of times, but its team just got a lot stronger. Prepare for your jaw to hit the floor.

[via linkedin.com, twitter.com, neogaf.com]

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

Wow, awesome news! Halo 4 looked beautiful...say about the story and gameplay what you want (and I actually enjoyed the game a lot), but without doubt it was one of the most beautiful games on the 360 ever. This can only improve NDs talent as a team even more.

Bliquid

Bliquid said:

Can ND games even get better, visually speaking?
She must be a genius in graphic programming, if they hired her.

DirectAim

DirectAim said:

This woman is a legend, she has god knows how many degrees and PHDs and it we'll respected. This is MASSIVE news for ND and Playstation

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

And I'm surprised that she worked on Kings Quest...that was ages ago...sure must've been pretty young back then...

Ah...the old Sierra adventures...those were fantastic! Leisure Suit Larry and Space Quest, anyone?

"Ken sent me!"

Ps4all

Ps4all said:

Naughty dog produced my favorite ps3 games, so good news for them is good news for me!!!