Weirdness: You're Going to Wish That Your PS4 Controller Is White

Pimp your peripheral

Many stores across North America have started selling PlayStation 4 peripherals, meaning that numerous consumers across the country have already got their eager hands on the DualShock 4. Of course, with no console to use the device with, one creative Reddit user has decided to paint his unit white. The result, as pictured, is absolutely stunning.

You can follow an image tutorial for the customised controller through here. If you’re hopeless at reassembling electronics, we’re sure that Sony will release official white controllers in the future. For now, though, you’re going to have to make do with Magna Red and Wave Blue designs, both of which are due out in Europe at launch.

[via reddit.com]

Visiblemode

Visiblemode said:

Been thinking of doing a super-custom colour on my ds4, I have a few weeks before it'll be of use anyway. The sticking point is durability though. I know there are plastic paints, but still. Tempting though.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

If not for the fact that the paint would more than likely start to chip off, I'd go buy a DS4 and paint it gun metal black.

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

Bah. So what I got from this article was:

"For now, though, you’re going to have to make do with Magna Red and Wave Blue designs..."

orrrrrrrr not, if you live in America and have no idea when these are coming out. Seriously, I'd rather wait an extra 15 days for the console and get these at launch. My wife wants blue and I don't want to spend an extra 60 on a third controller right now. But we also wanted to play minecraft co-op. Grr...

Sony, at least tell us when the US gets something other than black (although I personally quite like the design of black).

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

The red and blue ones are not for me...but this white looks slick. Still would go with black, because white gets dirty so quickly. But looks awesome, agreed.

DoublezZ01

DoublezZ01 said:

Sweetness!! I need to check with that facebook page and see if they are still gonna do custom colors for DS4's