Weirdness: Call of Duty: Ghosts Resists Alien Invasion in Co-Op Mode

Independence day

Call of Duty has always been a little bit over-the-top, but ever since Treyarch opted to add zombies to its World War II spin-off, the franchise has been slowly getting stranger. The upcoming Call of Duty: Ghosts, though, is opting to dial up the weirdness to dizzying new heights, augmenting a Resistance-esque co-op mode that will see you shooting out aliens with your buddies.

While the sci-fi extra has not yet been confirmed by publisher Activision, images from the super secret playlist have now leaked on Reddit. The firm followed up the escalating rumours over the weekend with an Instagram video teasing the team-based bonus, so you should probably expect a full announcement in the near future.

What do you make of the current state of Call of Duty? Do you think that it’s lost its identity a bit in recent years, or do you consider additional modes such as this a bit of superfluous fun? Spray your thoughts like submachine gun fire in the comments section below.

[via imgur.com, uk.ign.com]

Related Games

eliotgballade

eliotgballade said:

zombies , aliens , what next ? i know , skateboarding dinosaurs !
(ridiculous , absolutely ridiculous.)

dudeware

dudeware said:

I for one am actually excited for this game mode, hopefully it's not the exact same as zombies but it will be a nice change from the same old multiplayer that we have come to expect from the Call of Duty Franchise

D3athBr1ng3r187

D3athBr1ng3r187 said:

LOL.......this the best IW got a Resistance Fall of Man wannabe mode.......sigh first it was Treyarch using Left 4 Dead now this really.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

Looks a bit naff but surely can't be as brain cell-destroyingly tedious as Zombies. For the life of me I can't understand the appeal there, it's like Tony Pulls buying Lionel Messi type of stupid.

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

@Madd_Hatter401 Lol! :D Love that movie! :)

@artemisthemp This, maybe? :)

(still with the frickin' laser beams, 'f course) :)

This game mode is actually the first thing that interests me in CoD Ghosts. Sounds like it could be a lot of fun, especially with strategic turret placement and all...and I say this despite the fact that I'm normally more interested in the single player campaign of a game and hardly play online mp at all. Might give it a try when it is available for cheap.

cruches24

cruches24 said:

I remember when waiting for COD was like Xmas morning with everyday day just closer to Nov.5 now it's just another day I get the game out of a custom that I have every single one since modern warfare I honestly believe the COD franchise is only around because people are use to getting new game every year there's really nothing new about these games anymore it's the same old crappy card just with a new paint job but the inside is still the same