This Is What Happens When You Unlock a Trophy on PS4

Brrring

Sometimes it’s the simple things that represent the most exciting aspects of a new console launch: the startup screen, the user interface, the Trophy unlock prompt, and so on. Fortunately, with the PlayStation 4’s release date fast approaching, you can experience the latter courtesy of a pre-release Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag video. But what’s changed?

Well, not a lot really. Unlock notifications now appear on the left, in a much more stylish box that maintains the feel of the rest of the interface. The platform holder hasn’t remixed the jingle, which should reassure some. This is running on pre-release software, so the actual icons aren’t in place yet, but there’s a little square silhouette where they will appear.

Alright, so this isn’t the most exciting tidbit in the world, but earning Trophies is such a pivotal part of the PlayStation experience that we figured that it was worth posting nonetheless. What do you think of the new notification? Do you intend to step up your treasure hunting tactics on Sony’s next generation machine? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via youtube.com, twitter.com]

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

Eh, I need yet 3000 helgasts to die in Killzone Mercenary. And for what? Just to hear this sound one more time, eh...

@FullbringIchigo I don't think they've announced anything like that. I know Xbox is doing it, and it's a cool idea, but the way most Trophies are designed — around completing chapters, etc — it seems like a bit of a pointless addition to me.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

Am I not hardcore because I don't care about trophies or think they denote skill/devotion levels?

@ScreamAimFire99 I think it's because the game is unfinished. There's an area where they will appear.

@charlesnarles Not at all. I personally find them a fun way to try different things in games, but I'm not a fan of "Complete this game on very, very hard" and "Collecting all 10,000 hidden items" Trophies. I just don't have the time for those... :(

Shellybird27

Shellybird27 said:

@Sammy yeah, i used to be a "trophy whore", but i realized it was funner to just enjoy games, instead of freaking out about missing that hidden trophy, or something

Visiblemode

Visiblemode said:

At first I hated trophies....the tolerated them...then liked them...then loved them. Would hate if they changed too drastically.

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

I don't hunt after trophies but I'm happy when they pop up. I'm 90% towards level 15 on my beloved PS3. I'll wrack up quite a few more trophies before I get to owning a PS4 and feel satisfied every time that little ping goes off. I'll just ignore my complete lack of Platinum trophies :p