Remember Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance with Staggering EU PS Plus Refresh

Raiden you subscribe?

PlayStation Plus is just getting silly now. Every month we expect the quality of the service to take an overdue plunge, but it somehow manages to defy our expectations every single time. That’s certainly the case in November, with the platform holder lining up an absolute screamer of a selection for European subscribers. Alright, there may technically be one less game than usual – but quality almost always trumps quantity.

First and foremost, cutting into next month's lineup is the excellent Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, which will be available to download from 23rd October. The ridiculous swashbuckling adventure stars loved-and-loathed cyborg Raiden, and is set shortly after the events of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. It’ll be joined on the same date by Capcom’s futuristic action game, Remember Me.

Over on the PlayStation Vita, complimentary content will include Just Add Water’s delicious port of Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD and cross-buy racer MotorStorm RC. You’ll be able to nab all of the titles for free in less than two weeks. Of course, as with any new addition, it also means the removal of a former favourite. If you still want to scoop Far Cry 3, Mafia II, Spec Ops: The Line, Street Fighter X Tekken, and Touch My Katamari, then make sure that you download them quick.

In the meantime, though, feel free to let us know what you’re planning to play first. Is this the best update in PlayStation Plus’ impressive history, or are you a bit disappointed by the offering? Let us know in the comments section and poll below.

Which PS Plus title are you most looking forward to in November? (14 votes)

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

43%

Remember Me

43%

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD

14%

MotorStorm RC

Please login to vote in this poll.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

Absolutely, absolutely ridiculous. Personally, I'm really hyped for Remember Me. That's a game I was looking forward to for ages, but it slipped under my radar in the end. Hype! :)

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

Delighted with the games. Was about to buy MGR today funnily enough. But what about there always being three games on PS3? An oversight? A change without us being informed? Or holding a further surprise back a week or two?

Cloud7794

Cloud7794 said:

@get2sammyb Man you guys are way too lucky to get Revengeance on top of everything you have been getting the past few months. I'm just waiting for them to throw some of that our side. My guess though is that they're REALLY trying to win over Europe to camp Sony (take a look at all the PS4 bundles).
On the horizon for NA PS plus... nekomimimusumega sekainohatemade sanmawotabeniikuno DADADA! (it's a real game for playstation mobile with surprisingly good reviews). Actually, that'd be a very interesting game for them to put out there, though for $2.49 I'd rather pay to try it out myself than have it as a Plus game.
Well, as per tradition, we won't know our's until the end of this month, though I'm not too worried as I'm not sure I'll have time for all those free games next month with PS4 out ^_^

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

Both of the PS3 titles on offer are ones I wanted but never got around to buying....PS+ is just an amazing service for the price. Unfortunately I start a New job soon and still have a stack of games to get through including Dragons Dogma......adding Remember Me and Metal Gear to that pile may ensure I never sleep again.

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

Ive already played Remember Me on PC. Not the game it was hyped up to be but it was enjoyable. Ill probably give it a go on Ps3 anyway :) Been interested in Metal Gear since I seen Angry Joe's positive review so Ill be downloading that one for sure! As for Vita, Motorstorm RC is a given seen as I almost bought it when I got my Vita but decided not to. The games never end.....

ZeD

ZeD said:

From this month PlayStation Plus membership users will be given access to two PlayStation 3 titles. The PS Vita monthly updates are remaining the same and members will have access to two new PS Vita titles every month. Good news is that with the impeding launch of PS4, the great news for PS Plus members is that existing membership automatically covers PS4 as well as PS3 and PS Vita, so watch this space!”

From PS BLog EU

Bliquid

Bliquid said:

MGRR is highly underrated, imho.
Bought it a month or so ago used cuz i heard it was very short and i'm careful with money value.
It is not short (not as i expected at least), and it is a very fun and cool game.
As a long time series fan i had to acclimate to the different taste, but in the end i personally think it fits in the univers of Metal Gear very well.
Glad to get Remember Me, as it never really clicked with me, so now i can try it for free.
As you said, though, PS Plus is getting ridiculously good, i'm afraid one day Yoshida will come to my house to take my soul as the small print i didn't read said.

rjejr

rjejr said:

All I remember about Remember Me is the chick in the tight jeans in every screenshot.

US isn't terrible this month - Ill be re-subscribing soon - so I'm skipping the usual discrepancy complaints.

divinelite

divinelite said:

I'm tired of us complainers on the blog. They even rampage in pages not dedicated to plus post.

Anyway this month we got Hotline Miami and Sine mora, and November should be having many of evergreen title moved out... I hope

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

Sony: "srsly never buy a retail game day 1 cause you're just gonna be stuck with an old worthless disc copy when we put it up for free in a few months. Only buy headliner blockbusters."