Don't Miss This Opportunity to Play Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Give it a chance

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West is the best game that you’ve never played. The colourful Ninja Theory adventure crashed and burned when it originally deployed in 2010, but publisher Namco Bandai has opted to give it a new lease of life with a digital re-release for the PlayStation Network. Don’t miss out on it a second time.

The game – which closely mimics the plot of literary classic Journey to the West – sees you take control of the muscular Monkey, as you traverse a post-apocalyptic North America with your teenage captor Trip. The title fuses Uncharted-esque platforming with simple combat, and has some of the strongest storytelling on the PlayStation 3.

This brand new download version comes with a slew of additional content, including the Pigsy’s Perfect 10 expansion pack and a bunch of previously pre-order exclusive costumes. There’s a trailer embedded below. If you’re hungry for more information on the game, check out our glowing review through here.

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

Played it when it released. Im hardcore like that :D In the current climate of games its easy to see why it flopped. A wonderful game though for those that give it a try

LDXD

LDXD said:

Might give this a try I keep hearing what a gem it is, how much is it on psn? and is it available now?

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

Played the demo and I wasn't all that impressed, but I might give it another try.

Paranoimia

Paranoimia said:

I bought it at launch and loved it. Simple, yes, but quite tricky in parts. Controls can be a little quirky at times, but nothing major and certainly nothing that any half decent gamer won't be able to deal with.

Story is great, though, and Trip is lovely. I'd certainly recommend it.

LDXD

LDXD said:

@get2sammyb thanks for the reply and this nice little article, its rare but every now and then I let one get past my radar I'll be downloading this for sure

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

I see this quite often at my local gamestops. You could probably find it even cheaper if you're on the fence. Personally, I've considered trying it but there are so many games in my backlog that I wasn't sure I could handle another.

Splat

Splat said:

I got it dirt cheap along time ago. I had no idea what it was even about just took a shot on it and really enjoyed it.

Like, the article says the combat is simple but fun and anyone that has played Uncharted will feel at home with the platforming.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

Good game. One of the few I wanted to go all the way through 100% and Plat it... but it didn't have any trophies. Will the new version? Will be massively tempted to get it again if it does, to "justify" buying the same game again to 'her indoors.'

rjejr

rjejr said:

One of the few games I bought at launch when Kmart was giving out huge credit amounts on games. I think this came out the same day as Castlevania which sold a lot better as it's about the 20th game in that series. And right around the same time as a half dozen other 3rd person adventures like Dante's Inferno, inFamous, Darksiders and Bayonetta while everybody was waiting on GoW3.

I really liked it, but Starfox Adventures is one of my all time favorite games so don't go by me.

The ending sucked though. Well not completely but it seemed too sudden and a cop-out. It was like Matrix 2 and 3 after watching 1.