TGS 2013: Sony's Booth at the Tokyo Game Show Is Huge

Greatness awaits

Cast your eyes deep into the distance of this photograph, and you still won’t be able to see the end of Sony’s colossal Tokyo Game Show booth. The company is planning an enormous presence at this year’s Japanese convention, and that’s evidenced by this image of the firm’s under construction stand.

The arena-sized stall includes compartments for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, and the recently announced PlayStation Vita TV. There’s also a premium lounge where PlayStation Plus members – no, seriously – can get their breath back and enjoy a taste of the platform holder’s next generation console without having to queue. That's a pretty handy perk.

We’ve pored over the photograph in great detail, but sadly there’s no sign of The Last Guardian. That may be rectified overnight, though, as the platform holder prepares its second press conference in as many days. It truly never ends.

[via dualshockers.com]

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

Ha! That's a cool idea for the premium lounge letting in playstation plus members. Although it wouldn't surprise me if Playstation Plus members comprised the majority of those visiting the booth anyway...

8vpiper

8vpiper said:

Would you not purchase a subscription just not to queue as long?? I would....clever sales tactic :D

rjejr

rjejr said:

"but sadly there’s no sign of The Last Guardian. "

Just. let. it. go.

So, how many booth babes does a booth that size require? And in Japan? Yowza.

OK, you know stuff. Is TGS gaming wide or just Sony? Is this where Nintendo showed off Star Wars: Rogue Leader and the awesome looking Link and Ganandorf battle that we never got a game from oh so long ago? I'm confused.

8vpiper

8vpiper said:

No matter what it does there is no way in hell the last guardian will live up to the hype!

@rjejr It's all publishers, though I'm not sure whether Nintendo attends. I know they used to skip it for Space World. Not sure what they do anymore.

Microsoft's there, but given Japan's preferences, there's going to be more information coming out of camp PlayStation.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@get2sammyb - "Space World"

Oh yeah, thats what I was thinking of. I Really am going senile in my old age. Or at least suffering from severe memory loss. I hope Last Guardian comes out before I forget what it is.