Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Cuts NA PS Plus

Shadow of the Colossus, Hotline Miami, and more along for the ride

With the sun setting on September, Sony has pulled back the curtain on its major Instant Game Collection additions for October in North America. PlayStation Plus subscribers can look forward to scooping some serious loot in Big Huge Games’ underrated Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, as well as Poker Night at the Inventory 2 and the high-definition remake of PlayStation 2 classic Shadow of the Colossus.

Over on the PlayStation Vita, freebies include Grasshopper Manufacture’s critically acclaimed bullet-hell shooter Sine Mora and Dennaton Games’ murder-‘em-up Hotline Miami. The latter is cross-buy compatible, meaning that you’ll also be able to download the PlayStation 3 version of the release at no extra charge.

The platform holder’s not attached a date to any of the titles just yet, but has promised that they’ll deploy every Tuesday throughout October. Europe’s roster of complimentary content launched earlier in the week, and includes Far Cry 3, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, Street Fighter X Tekken, and Touch My Katamari. How do you think that the two offerings measure up? Let us know in the comments section below.

Which PS Plus title are you most looking forward to in October? (20 votes)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

60%

Shadow of the Colossus

15%

Poker Night at the Inventory 2

Sine Mora

Hotline Miami

20%

Please login to vote in this poll.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

Epic

Epic said:

Finaly something good.
With all these games + GTA V + Borderlands 2 I might be very busy this month.
:D

rjejr

rjejr said:

Might finally be time to re-up. At least I can stop complaining about KoA:R, and I never did play Shadow of the Colossus.

Plus theres this from an earlier blog post:

With these savings, there’s no better time to become a PlayStation Plus member. Pick up a 1-year membership for $49.99, get $10 back and take advantage of all the great features you get with PS Plus, including Instant Game Collection access and exclusive discounts.

Splat

Splat said:

I loved KOA! I all ready have it on disc but thinking of double dipping and getting the digital version as well.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

Wow I'm scared to buy games that they'll give me later on lol. I just DL'd Last of Us with the season pass, finally. I guess I can try to sell my disc version of ICO/SotC now

Rogue76

Rogue76 said:

:) I just bought KOA, it was $20, so I thought it was a good deal at that price (still think it's a good deal, just wish I would have waited, oh well).

I almost bought SotC, glad I didn't. :)