Continue Your PS3 Final Fantasy XIV Adventure On PS4 At No Additional Cost

Posted by Robert Ramsey

Gen jumping

If you're currently busy questing to your heart's content in the luscious world of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PlayStation 3, you may be happy to know that you'll be able to carry your progress over onto Sony's next generation console. And the best part? You won't have to pay a penny.

If you've purchased Square Enix's initially troubled MMORPG on the PS3, you'll be able to download the PS4 version for free. The latter's beta starts on the 22nd of February next year.

Have you already begun your journey? Are you planning on taking advantage of the Japanese publisher's generosity? Scribe your fantasy in the comments section below.

[via eurogamer.net]

Epic

Epic said:

I really respect this kind of consumer oriented decisions it really shows the a company true colors. Thanks Square Enixeven though I might never get this xD

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

Well, now I just might have to go buy it. Seriously good marketing strategy! I wish all games did this. Hint, hint, Blizzard...

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

while it's nice they did that, I'm still not getting it, I just don't like having to pay to play a game I have to buy they should either charge us for the game and make it free to play or let us download the game for free and charge us to play it

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

I'm very tempted to grab FFXIV on PS3 now, knowing I can transfer to PS4 when the time comes.

artemisthemp

artemisthemp said:

So happy that I brought PS3 version of Final Fantasy XIV :)
Now I can cancel my pre order of PS4 version and use it on another game :P