Amazon Japan Reports That All PS Vita TV Pre-Orders Are Taken

Posted by Damien McFerran

Both the Standard and Value packs are all snapped up

The PS Vita TV was Sony's shock announcement of its pre-Tokyo Game Show press conference and marks the company's entry into the burgeoning micro-console arena.

The new system has clearly been a hit with consumers, as Amazon Japan is reporting that it has completely sold out of its allocation of pre-order stock. Both the Value and Standard bundles are now all accounted for.

The system doesn't launch in Japan until November 14th, and although a western release is expected, Sony hasn't confirmed exactly when it will happen.

Able to run PS Vita games and remotely play PS4 titles, the PS Vita TV is compact and cheap, and could rain on the parade of the many Android-based micro-consoles which are hitting the market right now.

Are you keen to get your hands on one of these consoles? Let us know by leaving a comment below.

[via vr-zone.com]

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

Haha, this is great! Also for the haters ^^ This is a pretty good way to make the installbase of the vita higher. With the low entry price you need almost no justification for not to buy it. Many friends of mine are going to buy it. To play your ps4 everywhere in the house makes people jizz. Also enough friends who hate handhelds but love soul sacrafice will buy this

DirectAim

DirectAim said:

I agree, this thing is going to blow up massively, day one for me! just hope it releases either before the PS4 or even better.. at the same time.

divinelite

divinelite said:

Bring this to friend house and play ps4 wohooo

I could see that in perfect world...

LDXD

LDXD said:

@Sanquine Exactly And now I'm having a hard time choosing which one I want the vita TV or the vita slim
Awesome move by Sony if you ask me

rjejr

rjejr said:

Well I'm impressed. If the PS4 wasn't coming out in the US until Feb.while the rest of the world got it in Nov. there would be major rioting in the streets and nobody would be buying this thing on principal alone.

So, I guess all those "the Vita has no games" arguments are bogus? I have to say I'm confused as I picture Japan being all about the handhelds, not home consoles - see Wii U and Xbox360 sales - so I don't understand why the Japanase would be in such a rush to play Vita games on their tvs.

I would understand the New Vita selling out.

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

I always supported the idea of having handhelds with an HDMI out for TV play, or having a base-station in which you can plug (or sync wirelessly) your vita to play on your TV, using the vita itself as controller solving all the touch-control-issue on dualshock in one elegant solution. I'd also understand THIS selling like hotcakes in Japan and also it would help boost Vita sales, not separate its own market with this Vita TV.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Hopefully this is the start of the turn around for Vita. Once I get the PS4 and X1, I'm going to seriously consider Vita TV as well.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Sanquine - Its just 75 dollars.

Well that would explain it. Ild probably buy 1 for $75 if I could play a couple of Vita games I missed.

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

@rjejr Only for vita? If you could take it to family ( who has a good internet connection^^) you can play it on every tv you like ( ps4 games remote play)

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

@Gamer83 I think it is the only way to get the vita in consumers hands. The handheld market is only profitable for the behemoth Nintendo

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@Sanquine

It certainly seems that way, hopefully this move pays off. I don't care how Vita gets into more consumers' hands as long as it happens so the potential of the system isn't wasted.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

@Savino yeah, that's dope! It makes sense tho, cause its just a Vita with an hdmi port instead of any interface.
Question: region-locked??????????

hydeks

hydeks said:

well, since their getting VITA TV the time where getting PS4, I think when they get PS4 is February, we'll be getting the VITA TV! At least I hope lol

This was a very cool announcement that Sony made! I love how they aren't afraid to tackle the other markets in gaming (mobile, micro-console) unlike a certain stupid other company.

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

@hydeks this! Honestly, this VITA TV would appeal to alot of people I know that like gaming, but don't wanna fork out huge amounts of money.

Savino

Savino said:

@Sanquine i have some friends that loved a bunch of vita games, but don't like the idea to play it in a small screen... I am sure a bunch of them will buy it as a "cheaper" Playstation! (Here in Brazil it will sell like hot cakes)

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

Wow, hasn't it only been like 2 days?

This is really good news for the Vita and one big step towards Sony's goal of an interconnected PlayStation ecosystem. I plan on buying 2 when they become available here in the U.S.

Too bad it won't be available in the West sooner, because a $75-$100 Vita is incredibly enticing - the higher price compared to the 3DS being one of its faults.

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

@Lelouch To be clear it was sold out within 10 hours. This news is already a day old

I tried to order one but i was sold out.. So thats why:D

8vpiper

8vpiper said:

@Lelouch It sold out same day! I went on to try and order one! PS Plus on this thing...Bonus! It's Sony way to get you into their ecosystem and wait for you to branch out! Kaz is doing a really good job at turning Sony around. I still don't think they are using all of their strengths together but it looks like that"s Kaz plan and if executed properly Watch out. Pity they don't market there games and products better.

Knux

Knux said:

Please release this in the West, Sony! My money is waiting on you! :O

Hetsumani

Hetsumani said:

The main difference between this and the other micro-consoles is that it is a real console, with real games, not lame donkey tablet ports.

mibtar

mibtar said:

Vita lives!!! People kept saying that it's dead, yeah right. Now we're gonna get even more games. I hope it takes off well in the west too.