Weirdness: Saints Row IV's Wad Wad Edition Costs a Million Bucks

Money bags

Another day, another Saints Row IV publicity stunt – except this one seems to be having the desired effect. Deep Silver has partnered with GAME to announce the sandbox adventure's one-of-a-kind ‘Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition', which will set you back a cool $1,000,000 to own. No, we’re not making this up.

So, what does the limited edition set actually include? Well, in addition to a copy of the game, you’ll also secure a Virgin Galactic Space Flight, a full-size replica of the release’s dub-step gun, plastic surgery, a personal shopper, seven nights at the top of the Burj in Dubai, a Lamborghini Gallardo, a Toyota Prius – breathes – a spy training day, a week in Washington DC, a hostage rescue experience, a capsule wardrobe, and a year-long supercar membership. Phew.

We suppose that it’s better than yet another statue. Still, we can’t see anyone stumping up for this. That’s probably part of the joke, though, right?

[via game.co.uk, vg247.com]

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

Thats actually amusing. No doubt a publicity stunt as noone will be stumping up a million $ for it, but it deos amuse

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

I want to know what they are gonna do if some fool with too much money actually buys this.

Cowboysfan-22

Cowboysfan-22 said:

If I was a billionaire I'd do it. A hostage rescue experience AND a space flight? Mix those two together and I'd feel like Matt Damon...

grenworthshero

grenworthshero said:

That's actually a really good deal. All that stuff has got to be worth more than $1 million. A new Lambourghini Gallardo and a space flight?
I wouldn't be so sure no one will try buying this.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

Maybe they should shift the focus of their abundant imaginations onto designing a game that isn't a complete waste of time... Evidentially, tho, their intent was to never to be taken seriously, so GG? I just don't get it. I played 10 min of the third one and thanked the maker I got it for free lol. GTA is a good parody because its vulgarity is not so g.d. derivative and blatant as to break the 4th wall all the time. Maybe you have to have played them all, but I'm that case, I think I dodged a sticky, gross bullet. : )

grenworthshero

grenworthshero said:

@charlesnarles
Wow, really? "GTA is a good parody because its vulgarity is not so g.d. derivative and blatant as to break the 4th wall all the time"
GTA is not a parody. If anything it's satire. Saints Row is more a parody if you want to call it that--that's WHY it breaks the 4th wall all the time. I found Saints Row much more entertaining than GTA because the missions in GTA games are SO BORING. GTA3 is the only one I finished and only because I forced myself to. Saints Row's missions are over-the-top and comical enough that I actually want to play them. The fact that it doesn't take itself seriously is what keeps it interesting.

AceSpadeS

AceSpadeS said:

Actually I think this is a pretty good deal. As in, Deep Silver is eating a huge loss on this. The cost of the Lambo, the Virgin Galactic Space Flight, the surgery, and the rescue experience alone have to be pushing the million dollar range. I'm fairly certain the flight alone is worth more than that...

Edit: I was a bit off on the prices. I was considering the full plane price of the space flight as opposed to a single seat. The seat alone is $250,000. Toss in the Lambo and you've added somewhere betweem $100,000-$200,000 depending on what it is. ALSO! In random news. I've seen the plane they use for those flights in person, it's pretty impressive.

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

That is awesome, and don't be so quick to say that no-one will buy it. The value of the prize looks about right, and I bet they are hoping that some rich toffer takes it for a laugh. Think of the publicity that would generate, doing all the activities dressed in purple, filming everything and using it as marketing material! A Prius?!

odd69

odd69 said:

I love saints row,this is why. I thought I was the only one who actually preferred saints row to gta.

Mahe

Mahe said:

That actually sounds like a good deal. You get a lot of bang for the buck if you splash out the money.