The Walking Dead Survives All Over Again on PlayStation Vita

Dead rising

GamesCom hasn’t even started properly yet, but the action's already underway. Telltale’s kicked off the excitement by confirming that its brilliant The Walking Dead episodic series is set to cause some serious moral quandaries on the PlayStation Vita tomorrow in North America. Could this week possibly get any better?

“This version is an awesome way to experience The Walking Dead, whether you’re dipping your toe into the water for the first time, or looking to catch up on any episodes that you might have missed,” said community lead Laura Perusco. “Even if you’ve already played through the whole season on the PlayStation 3, there’s an additional set of Trophies for playing the series on the Vita.”

The game will support both button controls and more intimate touch screen interactions. And if you do play through the game on Sony’s handheld, you’re going to want to hold onto your save files, because Season Two is set to launch on the portable later this year, too. Excuse us while we go and do lame zombie impressions around the office in celebration.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

I can't help but feel this will play better with touch controls. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to come to Europe.

Punished_Boss

Punished_Boss said:

Wait a second, no previews? no reviews?
And going by the box art its published by Sony but developed by who?

I'm weary Jak And Daxter, Epic Mickey 2 and Q-Force.

Also where is the EU Release?

@Legendary-boss It's the Telltale game - looks like Sony may have done the heavy lifting with the port, though. Not sure. I've heard that this is a very good version, though, but not played it myself.

belmont

belmont said:

No cross buy for those of us that have the PS3 version? I guess they should at least offer some discount.

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

Now that's a suprisingly good announcement. I started playing thru this on PC but I may wait for the EU release n play on the Vita instead.

hydeks

hydeks said:

I need a new Vita, and The Walking Dead Vita pack comes out tomorrow in NA, what great timing :) Guess what I'm picking up tomorrow! ^-^

artemisthemp

artemisthemp said:

@belmont No Cross Buy.

The Walking Dead Vita - What we know:
1. It won't have Cross Buy or Cross Save
2. It release today in NA as Retail ($25) and DD
3. It will have both Season 1 and the 400 Days DLC (Same trophy list as PS3)

We sadly haven't heard of a EU release date or seen any retail copies, so their is a risk of EU getting ripoff again.

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

Wow EU.... Why do the Americans always get their stuff earlier. Still waiting for my beta key (KZM)

I want this game so bad. Awesome on vita

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

If there weren't other games I need to get and if I hadn't already played the heck out of the PS3 version I'd defintely be buying this. I think @ShogunRok is right that it will play much better with touch controls and I hope that when The Walking Dead Season 2 inevitably shows up on PS4 it uses the DS4's touch pad.