Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? - Issue Twelve

Relax, don't do it

It’s been a flat out week here at Push Square towers, which means that we’re all looking forward to a spot of video game respite. And as has become a bi-weekly tradition, we’ve gathered together as many team members as we could find to talk about what’s on our gaming agenda this Bank Holiday weekend. But as you should know by now, this isn’t a one-way discussion – we want to know what you’re playing, too.

Sammy Barker, Associate Editor

I’ve got a couple of reviews to wrap up now that the GamesCom madness is more or less over, so I’ll be polishing off Killer Is Dead and Fruit Ninja. I’m also playing the final version of a certain PlayStation Vita game that you’re all looking forward to. Sorry, couldn’t resist the tease.

Greg Giddens, Reviews Editor

After a bit of a lull, everything seems to be coming out at once, and I’m torn on what to play. Saints Row IV is beckoning with its ridiculous carnage and mayhem, Payday 2 with its adrenaline-fuelled criminal action, DuckTales Remastered with its nostalgia, Splinter Cell: Blacklist with its espionage, The Bureau: XCOM Declassified with its alien menace, Disney Infinity with its endless possibilities, and, er, I think that that’s about it. What I will play? I guess that I’ll decide on the day.

Katy Ellis, Events Correspondent

I'm in Limbo this weekend, hacking and slashing demons and generally wearing down my DualShock 3’s face buttons with my new half-angel-half-demon pal, Dante. DmC: Devil May Cry is really rather good, with an awesome thumping soundtrack, and a crazy dynamic fighting system which never fails to get my blood pumping. If you haven't tried it out yet, you need this game in your life.

Ben Potter, Staff Writer

This weekend I'll be attempting to replay Persona 4 Golden after totally botching the ending. Word to the wise: when a game warns you that “the narrative will escalate from this point on", you should probably save. Also, try not to overwrite 50 hours of gameplay data and you’ll be golden.

Nathan Michalik, Staff Writer

I'll be dabbling in some unfinished and newly released bosses in Soul Sacrifice. I’ll also be indulging in the endless addiction of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on the PlayStation 3.

Robert Ramsey, Staff Writer

This weekend I'll be clobbering sea dogs in the delightfully colourful One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2, but I can't say much more about that just yet. If I get the time, I'll also be finishing off all of the optional stuff in Saints Row IV, which still proves to be brilliantly compelling even after the game is finished – especially since my custom-made hero, Captain Scumbag, never seems to tire of seeing how far he can kick virtual fat women.

Will you be wasting any of your weekend playing hacky sack with damsels in distress? Have you got something much more entertaining in mind? Let us know in the comments section below.

recurv

recurv said:

Just managed to beat the biker helmet dude. Took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out. I was about to give up and then Shahid took the piss on Twitter :D

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

I'm going through The Last of Us on easy+. I'm hoping I can nab the optional conversation, Ellie joke book, shiv door and work bench trophies all in one go.

Splat

Splat said:

The enjoyable Saints Row 4. Being able to leap tall buildings in a single bound just doesn't get old.

@Splat Hnngh. I'm going to have to buy Saints Row IV. I love games where you're totally overpowered and can just have fun.

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

I'm playing kingdoms of amalur!

That and I'll be downloading some of the free + games for the new vita!

irken004

irken004 said:

Killzone beta Killzone beta Killzone beta Killzone beta Killzone beta Killzone beta Killzone beta Killzone beta Killzone beta Killzone beta Killzone beta Killzone beta Killzone beta Killzone betaaaaaaaa @_@

Doctor_BK

Doctor_BK said:

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is awesome! It's getting me even more excited for Dark Souls 2 (don't ask me why, similar games I guess). Also, UFC Undisputed 3 career mode, and of course - Killzone Mercenary beta.

artemisthemp

artemisthemp said:

I am currently going through all news, since Sony Gamescon and hope to find time for some Nep Nep Anime

ViciousDS

ViciousDS said:

@get2sammyb playing killer is dead and not going to lie.....I am very disappointed in the game so far.......much different then what I was feeling from the trailers.

hydeks

hydeks said:

Borderlands 2, DuckTales Remastered, and Sonic Adventure 2 for PS3

Assassin's Creed for Vita :)

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Splinter Cell: Blacklist and Saints Row IV for 360 and I'm going to try and get a little more time in on the Killzone beta for Vita.

divinelite

divinelite said:

Nun attack, ridge racer, finish Jacob Jones at last, dead or alive. Many uncompleted games I'm confused. Will got Twd next week

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

@irken004 woooord.
Killzone beta! and I'm still leisurely playing thru GTA4's tBoGT. It's fun to me because of the inability to leap tall buildings lol I like the 4th wall being there even though SR3 planted its seed in me... er, so to speak. I made a zombie-voiced, maxed-sliders monster so I'm really enjoying having that girl have one-sided conversations. I admit it makes me laugh every time

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

I'm giving SpecOps The Line a spin today and so far I like what I see. Another game I would never have bought but enjoy thoroughly...PS+ rocks! :)

ViciousDS

ViciousDS said:

@Superconsole you can't but i can XD......I'm sadly enjoying madden 25 more than killer is dead, all i can say if you were expecting story along the likes of killer7.....don't expect much.