Rumour: Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition Chewing Gum on Vita

Come get some

Gaming’s least popular alpha male could be bringing his specific brand of chauvinism to the PlayStation Vita soon, as it looks like Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition is in production for the handheld. Devolver Digital – the publisher behind the recent re-release – Tweeted the embedded image earlier today, alongside the message: “Here’s [the game] running on a Vita. That is all.”

Adding more fuel to the fire, the Austin-based firm copied in Abstraction Games, the Dutch outfit responsible for porting Hotline Miami to Sony’s portable. Both companies have since been teasing on Twitter, but no formal announcements have been made. If the title’s already up and running, though, expect a statement any time soon. The big question is: can you stomach Duke Nukem these days?

[via twitter.com]

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

I already own the best version on the Sega Saturn, what would I need this for? :P lol Duke Nukem 3D is already available on pretty much every device you can think of already so its took its time coming to Vita. A part of me has actually just amused myself by thinking a remastered port of Forever wouldn't be such a bad thing for a change

@ShogunRok Most definetly. I bought my Vita when this port was just a twinkle in the publishers eye as this game alone can save any system. Nintendo should fund a port for the WiiU

KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON said:

@8vpiper It's the original Duke 3D pretty much. I'm game for some of that, depending very much on pricing, it's only
£6.99 on Steam, can't say I'd pay any more than that.

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

@KALofKRYPTON That made me chuckle lol Nintendo wouldn't like it but it sounds like an ingenious use of the WiiU gamepad for a Duke game. Would guarantee sales of the WiiU to the 'hardcore' too ;)

Azikira

Azikira said:

Duke Nukem 3D was great. Having it on the go will be even greater. It's infinitely better then the last horrid game, and a better love story then Twilight~ -snickers-

Ps4all

Ps4all said:

Yes yes and yes. Many folks(myself included) bought the vita for fps's. At this point we would be happy with ports of existing titles for variety. Killzone is awesome, but doom and borderlands wouldn't hurt.

Ps4all

Ps4all said:

@KALofKRYPTON There are a ton of lesser known fps's that people may have missed the first time around that would sell like crazy as a portable port. I know my ps3 time is reserved for triple A games, but I wouldn't mind playing a b release on my lunch break.Same for the third person games, spec ops the line or any of the so come would be nice. Give me a reason for the second analog stick.

Savino

Savino said:

Spec Ops, Splinter Cell Trilogy, Shadow Warrior, Blood... Vita could be an Old-School FPS/TPS Heaven!!!

Looooots of old cool games could use vita´s power and small screen to make some serious remakes!!

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

@Savino Ports of old PS2 and PSP games wouldn't hurt either; Socom, Kinetica, Patapon, Loco Roco, Birth by Sleep, Snake Eater, etc.

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

@KALofKRYPTON No way you've played Firewarrior too! I thought I was the only one lol One of my favourite games on Ps2, the online tanked pretty quickly though :( I managed to get a copy of the PC version a few months back. It was basically a port with the only difference being able to play in higher resolutions. Im sure im not the only one here who misses Timesplitters too. Timesplitters 2 was probably the best FPS last gen, and thats coming from a Halo fan! The thought of a Timesplitters HD collection makes me want to hug myself.