Round Up: Here's Everything You Need to Know About PlayStation at GamesCom

Show's over

Following a record attendance of more than 340,000 visitors, the doors have now closed on GamesCom until next year. Sony enjoyed another fruitful spell in Cologne, reinforcing its indie message and consequentially keeping our fingers busy with plenty of fascinating PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and Vita announcements.

Don’t worry if you missed out on any of the news, though, because we’ve put together a comprehensive recap to keep you in the loop. Not only can you watch all of the key moments from the PlayStation press conference through here, but there are also dozens of articles eager to feel the tickle of your cursor below.

Headlines

Features

Announcements

Video

What was your favourite GamesCom announcement? (31 votes)

Definitely the PS4’s release date

39%

I was really pleased about the Vita price drop

Killzone: Shadow Fall's multiplayer amazed me

13%

RIME looked sublime

I can’t believe that Shadow of the Beast is back

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture is going to be great

Borderlands 2 on Vita is huge news

26%

Getting a good look at the PS4’s user interface

LittleBigPlanet Hub sounds really interesting

Something else entirely

16%

Please login to vote in this poll.

baconcow

baconcow said:

Missed the BIG option: Vita Minecraft + Starbound + Bindings Of Isaac: Rebirth + Hotline Miami 2 + other awesome indie games.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

My personal highlights are as follows: PS4 release date, Vita price drop, Shadow Fall multiplayer, remote play display and seeing the PS4's UI in action.

Ps4all

Ps4all said:

I was pretty surprised by the Borderlands 2 on vita announcement.

uchinakagema

uchinakagema said:

Man, I like a lot of what was presented at GamesCom. The introduction with the simple presentation of the new PS4 UI looks amazing(I am kinda hoping to put up different wallpapers to switch between different menus just like the Vita) The announcement of AAA indie games for the Vita, for example Minecraft. How good Killzone multiplayer looked and Knack gameplay, which remind me a lot of playing Jak 2/Jak 3 and Crash Bandicoot. Last but not least the comment by Yoshida stated that they still have the luxury of not having to reveal everything in production for the PS4. Hopefully this means there is not to much dead time in between release of good games in the near future.

-CraZed-

-CraZed- said:

PS4 release date and then BL2 on Vita... That announcement made me want a Vita even more.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

The only announcement really worth a damn was Borderlands 2 on Vita. The price drop on Vita itself was decent news too I guess but it gets off set by the still ridiculous prices of memory cards despite Sony's 'significant' price drop on those. Landing Borderlands 2 was pretty big though and it gives me hope that there might still be a slight chance the Vita can be a success.

Nothing announced for PS4 was a worth a sh*t to me and with all Sony's idiotic talk about how it doesn't have to announce its big games I've resigned myself to the fact it's going to be a pretty empty first three years just like it was for PS3... unless you love indie games and nothing else. I do like indie games but I need a hell of a lot more than that.