Rainbow Skies Will Brighten Up PS3 and Vita in 2014

Posted by Robert Ramsey

Skiesrim

If you thought that last year's loot-filled, massive RPG Rainbow Moon took up far too much of your free time, then you may want to sit down before reading all about the game's indirect sequel, Rainbow Skies. Developer SideQuest Studios is looking to bring the franchise's second instalment to the PlayStation 3 and Vita at some point in 2014, and has been quick to deal out some details about its next labour of love.

The epic adventure, which has been in development for nearly a year, will take place in a brand new world, with a plot that won't be linked to the previous game – supposedly making the title easily accessible to newcomers. The release will also sport a wealth of new content and mechanics, including two unique, parallel worlds, 50 background music tracks, monster taming, an advanced battle system which features new combo attacks, fresh mini-games, a new dialogue system, and improved side quests. Phew.

How many hours did you spend questing in the original game? Which new features are you most looking forward to? Boast of your superior loot and grand adventures in the comments section below.

[via blog.us.playstation.com]

Related Games

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

@SuperSilverback It's mentioned in the comments section of the linked PlayStation Blog post that it's in the final stages of testing, and it's coming later this year. Hurrah!

Splat

Splat said:

I loved Rainbow Moon. This will be a day one purchase for me on PS3. The amount of game play they squeezed in to a PSN game that is less then 2 GB's is crazy.

It's my second favorite PSN game to date after Journey and easily the most time I have put in to a PSN game.

Rainbow Moon is a steal at $15. I hope Skies is around the same price range.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

@Splat They mentioned it'll be around the same price, but didn't specify. There seems to be plenty of new content, though. Looks like they've added a ton.

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

Want moar indie RPGs. Rainbow Moon is a tiny little wonder. It had it's flaws. But it seems like developers will fix them in Rainbow Skies. And their game will become as epic as Dragon Quest. Even Rainbow Moon had some Dragon Quest taste.

Confused_DudeStaff

Confused_Dude said:

Good to see that people other than me enjoyed Rainbow Moon!
For the Vita version of RM I'd like to see some kind of discounted price for those who already own it on PS3, or at the very least a cross-save function, but it's probably rather unlikely.

Enobmah_Shards

Enobmah_Shards said:

Hello, I have no idea why I was banned from the forums. If someone could explain to me what I did wrong I will be able to acknowlegde it next time I post. Which thread did I spam in? Solutions would be great, thanks!

@Enobmah_Shards You're not banned as far as I can see. What error message are you getting?

EDIT: It looks like this is affecting everyone. Apologies about this, I'm trying to fix it.

Enobmah_Shards

Enobmah_Shards said:

It says "You are banned from the forums," A moderator that banned you added the following statement: Quit spamming. Then it told me to contact anthony or something like that.

belmont

belmont said:

For some reason, even though I love rpg games I have no idea what Rainbow Moon is. I will check it but I may wait for the Vita version.

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

So sad, that Rainbow Moon will be the only TRPG for Vita. TRPG is my favourite genre, and there were so much TRPG on PSP. Have no idea what's happened with PSV.

Rogue76

Rogue76 said:

I will have to pick up Rainbow Moon first, never heard of this game before this post. Sounds like a good game.

Lionhart

Lionhart said:

This is really exciting! I'm so happy that I own a PS Vita. Things are finally heating up on it. It's also great to see that developers and Sony aren't abandoning the PS3 even after the release of the PS4. I dislike how Nintendo and Microsoft forsake their consoles after release new products.