Live: Watch the EA GamesCom Press Conference Right Here

Get comfortable

It doesn’t feel like a week since the curtain closed on E3 2013, but the madness is already starting all over again. EA’s set to get GamesCom underway with its annual press conference, which promises to bring more news on the North American giant’s upcoming roster of PlayStation titles. Tune in below from 15:00PM BST (07:00AM PST / 10:00AM EST) for all of the action, and don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section.

[via ea.com]

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

Would've hoped they'd show a little of the new Battlefront but it deosn't look like it from that placeholder screen =/

Epic

Epic said:

Not sure if I should watch it after all I don't like sports game or racing games.
EDIT: The music is pretty good.
Going to stay just for that xD.
EDIT 2: NVM they changed to dubstep T_T

rjejr

rjejr said:

PvZ2 "Sold" well. Isnt' it free? Of course there were 16 million DLs on the app store.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

@TOMBOY25 @get2sammyb WOAH, WOAH, WOAH. The Sims is one of the best series on the market, thanks. Sims 2 is still more popular than 3, and 4 is gonna be a lot more like 2. Sims 3 was trying to be too social, and has a 2gb RAM cap, which translates into not being able to have "legacies" longer than a few generations before the neighborhood gets more than 2gb worth of data. The Sims is a mix between a dollhouse and paper dolls, so my gf loves it, but you're also supposed to be emotionally removed from your people's woes, like how SimCity let you spawn aliens and tornados. Sims 4 announcement live right now!!!!

ViciousDS

ViciousDS said:

they show any NBA live 2014 footage?

I've been waiting to actually see some actual gameplay.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Wait, is this an EA or Xbox 1 show? Why would PvZ Garden Warfare and Peggle 2 be X1 exclusives? They seem like a naturals on Steam. Guess I always knew EA buying Popcap was the death of me.

Isn't EA supposed to be mad at MS for dropping all the insane X1 DRM restrictions?

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

Good to see FIFA players still continue the trend of looking like weird rubber puppet creatures when moving without the ball.

@rjejr The number of EA/Microsoft moneyhats is unbelievable, I must admit. I can't help but wonder how much money's involved.

PMasterTy9

PMasterTy9 said:

I really like how more games are allowing you to transfer your game from current gen to next gen so you can start playing now and you don't have to start from scratch when you go to next gen.

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

@get2sammyb Probably a ton. I heard that one of the main reasons they bought Skype is because they essentially had to spend money somewhere to have an outflow going. If that's the case, I'm sure they have no problem dishing out the dollars for xb1.

BarrettJChris

BarrettJChris said:

ok im seriously confused. Whats the difference between the ea press conference and the gamescom conference at 1pm??

rjejr

rjejr said:

@PMasterTy9 - Transfer your "save", not your game. You still have to buy 2 copies of the game, 1 for each gen. Brilliant marketing on their part.

Im sure thats what you meant but your wording allowed me to point out the $ downside. Gamestop is helping out w/ this in a big promotion.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

@rjejr It makes sense, what with EA and Microsoft being in bed together and all. Luckily, Sony is under the sheets with Ubisoft and a bulk of the indie community - all of this sounded better in my head.

PMasterTy9

PMasterTy9 said:

@rjejr Yeah, I was referring to games saves and game stats. Oblivious you have to purchase both versions in the process. Gamestop's promotion will actually get them more money especially since they will resell the used games.