Killzone: Mercenary Beta Opens for Brutal Business Next Week

Sharpen up soldier

Those of you not lucky enough to infiltrate Killzone: Mercenary’s private multiplayer beta earlier in the year will unlock access to the online stress test next week. Guerrilla Cambridge will be recruiting PlayStation Plus members from 20th August in North America and 21st August in Europe, followed by everyone else from 27th August and 28th August respectively. If you managed to nab a PlayStation Home code, you’ll be able to line up alongside premium members on the earlier date.

The beta’s set to close in all territories on 3rd September, so you’ve only got a few weeks to sharpen up your skills ahead of the first-person shooter’s full release. Are you already enjoying the game, or waiting patiently for the open beta to launch? Let us know in the comments section below – and remember to keep your eyes peeled for plenty more on the portable blockbuster over the coming weeks.

[via blog.us.playstation.com, blog.eu.playstation.com]

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

First... Looking forward! Bought my 4th memory card for my vita's. Sony listen! Quality is the best way to pursuede potential customers! I convinced many friends with persona 4 golden and little big planet vita

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Can't wait to try this, hopefully it's that awesome handheld FPS I've always wanted.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

Sony needs to advertise the crap out of this. According to everyone else, it's shaping up to be the handheld FPS that everyone is looking for and Sony needs to take all of that positive buzz into account.

8vpiper

8vpiper said:

home code???? never go into home section but I need this in my veins asap!!!

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Just got a code last night in my e-mail. Says I can use it after the update on Tuesday, so it's looking that will be a very good day. I'm off from work, will be picking up Splinter Cell: Blacklist early in the morning than later than evening will finally get to see how this game is progressing.

The3DSisMINE

The3DSisMINE said:

Finally to try it, and I agree with what people have said before, the screenshots don't do it justice enough. The game is brutal, fast, and addicting as Call of Duty. A definite buy, and in case your on the ropes about it, there's a Beta, try it. Its a blast