GamesCom 2013: Minecraft Builds a New Home on PS4, PS3, and Vita

Bricks everywhere

It may currently be tearing up the charts on the Xbox 360, but that’s not stopping Minecraft from digging onto the – wait for it – PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita. The title will arrive on Sony’s next generation platform at launch, but there’s no word on whether the other versions will accompany it. We suppose that it makes sense, though, right?

Minecraft has been printing money for creator Markus ‘Notch’ Persson ever since its alpha launch on the PC in 2011, and has turned into something of a cultural phenomenon in the years since. As such, this is a pretty big deal for the PlayStation brand – especially if you’re one of the 12 people on the planet that hasn’t already played the game on another platform.

Looks like that gold PSone did the trick, anyway.

GRIFFEN14

GRIFFEN14 said:

Finally. Been waiting for this for awhile and thought all hope was lost when the Xbox One version was announced. Hopefully it is equal to the PC version in terms of content.

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

@get2sammyb This can be big. My brother in law is totally addicted to minecraft. When he heard it's coming to vita he ordered one right now:)

PMasterTy9

PMasterTy9 said:

Yeah I thought this was a Microsoft exclusive. I have played on the PC and it can be addicting.

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

A really good announcement. Not a fan myself though. Ive tried on PC, XBOX and Android n the game just sucks so bad lol Ive never seen the fascination in it myself n haven't taken to it. Not even a Vita port would interest me. Like I said tho, its still a good announcement when you consider how popular its become on the 360. I was certainly suprised to see it tonight during Sonys conference anyway :P

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

I already have the PC version so I'm kinda doubtful I'll get it for PS4. The only thing that could probably convince me is multiplayer that's a lot eaiser to do.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Good! I want to give this game a fair chance, but I couldn't get anywhere in the PC demo with mouse/keyboard controllers ad I couldn't find I good way to use a controller. Problem solved now, I guess. :)

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

PS3 and Vita versions will probably be limited like the 360 version, but I imagine the PS4 version will be all guns.