Fruit Ninja Slices and Dices PlayStation Vita This Week

Still got a-peel?

Halfbrick’s iconic touchscreen arcade favourite will chop up a mouth watering pudding on the PlayStation Vita this week, as Fruit Ninja is finally set to launch on Sony’s flagship portable. A handful of leaked microtransactions teased the release in Europe earlier this year, but it’s now been included as part of the PlayStation Blog’s weekly rundown of releases for North America.

We’re assuming that this will be a straightforward port of the smartphone version, much like Jetpack Joyride before it. There’s no word on pricing just yet, but a free-to-play option would be apt. It’s hard to get too excited over the re-release of such a common game, but if this includes Trophies, we know that we’ll be willing to lop some lemons all over again.

[via blog.us.playstation.com, vg247.com]

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

I played it about a year ago on my Android tab. Uninstalled about 20 minutes later. As with all games of this type, there just isn't enough to it to warrant more than an hour max of my time. Not even trophies would get me playing Fruit Ninja again, but then again you guys know my stance on trophies so they wouldn't be a selling point for me anyway lol

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

My enjoyment of this game lasted 30 secs. I want minecraft, but that ain't happening anytime soon.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

About time. As long as the price is reasonable and this port doesn't suck like the Kinect port, I'll be happy.

SammyOfMobius

SammyOfMobius said:

I was actually considering this until I saw that it was $8 or somewhere around that range. NO BUY!

SammyOfMobius

SammyOfMobius said:

I honestly don't understand the overpricing of mobile game re-releases on game consoles. First Angry Birds being $40, now this? RIDICULOUS!