PlayStation All-Stars Wanted to Take You on a Tour of Hekseville

Gravity Rush and Journey arena leaked

Sony was planning a Gravity Rush-inspired stage for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. The cut arena – spotted on the portfolio of ex-SuperBot Entertainment artist Ky Bui – intended to mash-up the colourful city of Hekseville with the mysterious mountaintop from Journey. It’s unclear whether the content was planned as DLC, or for the main game. Regardless, it’s unlikely to ever get finished, as the platform holder recently noted that it won’t be making any further expansion packs for the brawler.

The leaked images follow in the footsteps of shots of Dart from Legend of Dragoon, who was also in production for the game. A soft retail performance pretty much damned the crossover's prospects, though, and prompted the publisher to cut ties with the title’s Californian developer. It’s a shame, because this stage looks like it could have been really pretty.

[via gingerookie.com, allgamesbeta.com, vg247.com]

Related Games

RawShark

RawShark said:

Shame - I loved both of the source games so it would have been a great mash up.

@Aviator I think this was just a stage. The art styles really do blend well, though, as evidenced by the above screenshots. It is a shame.

fchinaski

fchinaski said:

It would be really strange to see Journey related to a game where you beat the hell out of other people.

Big-Boss

Big-Boss said:

I was watching a concept video of this (Title Fight back then) and it had a much more better personality and charm than this.

rjejr

rjejr said:

They should make PSASBR a PS+ game and keep selling the DLC. It would basically be a freemium model a that point.

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

So this game isn't done with DLC yet? Well, that's good news, I certainly wouldn't want the Dissidia thing happening again. I'm interested again in this title. I hope I can get a Vita soon enough.