Here's the Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer You've Been Waiting For

Posted by Damien McFerran

Rockstar shows off the game that will dominate your life come September

As we reported yesterday, Rockstar has released the first gameplay trailer for Grand Theft Auto V.

The new trailer shows off some of the activities you'll be able to indulge in when the game finally launches, as well as some of the vehicles you can "borrow".

You can gorge your eyes on it below. Let us know what you think by posting a comment.

[via rockstargames.com]

AceSpadeS

AceSpadeS said:

Watching this without sound is a very odd experience... I wonder how much the environmental destruction @ 3:50 will be possible.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Damo's probably washing the blood off his hands about now like Pontious Pilate ;-)

Not Sammy's blood (god I hope nobody read it that way), the WiiU's.

I was actually thinking that sniper section kidnapping would work well w/ 2 player Gamepad support. Alas, not to be.

OK, onto the trailer.

I hate GTA. GTA took 2 of my favorite games - Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, and Final Fantasy 10 - and created 2 horrible sequels, Jak 2 and the end of FF as we know it, X-2. FF has since died to me. 12 was OK, but only as a monster hunter clone, it sucked as an FF game. Jak X killed J&D, still no PS3 game, maybe a PS4 revivial? (Don't even mention that blasphemous Heroes on the Move. A game containing the 3 greatest platforming characters not owned by Nintendo and there isn't even a jump button? WTF?)

OK, so now we have GTA 5. And it looks good. It just does. So I'll have to play it and hope it plays as well as it looks. Every franchise I play now is open world - Uncharted, inFamous, Darksiders - maybe GTA has changed for the better? i.e. no stupid Mission scoring screens every 2 minutes. We'll see.

irken004

irken004 said:

@Savino Who's foot did you think was in that toilet? :D This looks really good though, makes me wonder how well it will perform on PS3's specs. But I'm not a big GTA fan so I'll pass. For now at least.

ViciousDS

ViciousDS said:

wow who would want to buy anything else you have eight million games in one game.

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

@ViciousDS I dunno. I've tried to like rockstar games. I really have. But while I haven't played gta before, I just could not get into any of their other games. It makes me hesitant to play any of their stuff, considering those games were praised just as highly.

Lopezdm

Lopezdm said:

Before this gameplay video I wasn't very interested in GTA5. Now that I have seen what they have been working on I really want to play it. It looks like a lot of fun and the multiplayer at the end looked engaging. I wonder if you can customize your character this time. There is a lot of fun to be had.. can't wait.

GRIFFEN14

GRIFFEN14 said:

This looks fantastic. Absolutely cannot wait to play this in a few months. It has a huge potential to top San Andreas as my favorite GTA game of all time.

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

OMG. This game looks so freakin awesome!!! I have never wanted to play a GTA game this bad. The appeal for me for this game is the same reason I love AC III, its all the stuff you can do on the side along with the story missions. I will going to have to reserve this game ASAP.

Any word if this is coming out on PS4?

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

I haven't enjoyed GTA since Vice City, but this looks promising. I'm definitely going to pre-order.

Hetsumani

Hetsumani said:

There are so many great games coming out this semester, how am I supposed to save for a PS4? :sigh:

MultiAntX

MultiAntX said:

This video was captured by a PS3 rockstar said. But I already knew this because it showed when Michael was going to break the windows it showed controls for crashing the window and it was ps3 buttons

MultiAntX

MultiAntX said:

@Lopezdm You were able to customize your character in GTA IV multiplayer already. You got new items each rank you passed and got to choose a gender and be a zombie.

MultiAntX

MultiAntX said:

@rjejr what are you talking about GTA had nothing to do with those games how did gta ruin them if they didnt even make them and ps this isn't coming to Wii u

TasukiStaff

Tasuki said:

@get2sammyb: Yeah I have a feeling that this might get ported over to the PS4 and Xbox One. I can't see it not happening.

Ristar42

Ristar42 said:

Graphics look good, but I'll wait for reviews. I found '4' had really lost something from '3' and its spin offs. To me, it seemed the 'satirical' elements had dropped off somewhat...

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

It looks awesome. Can't wait. Thought Aus will probably ban it because it will rot our brains. We need protecting from ourselves apparently.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@MultiAntX - Should have GTA 3, which came out in 2001, same as J&D and FFX, 2 great games. In 2003 their sequels came out which were nothing like yhe oroiginals but were instead misdion based games set up exsctly like GTA3. Jak II even had carjacking but there errent even cars in the first game. Both those games jumped on the GTA3 bandwagon.