Talking Point: What Are You Playing This Weekend? - Issue Seven

Breakfast at midnight

While next week promises to offer a glimpse of the future of gaming, let’s not forget about the present. The release calendar may be starting to slow down for the summer, but that just means that this is the perfect opportunity to work through your backlog. As always, we’ve gathered together a handful of Push Square staff members to find out what’s on their gaming schedule this weekend. But this isn’t all about us – we want to know what’s keeping you busy, too.

Sammy Barker, Associate Editor

Most of my attention will be focused on E3 this weekend, but I still hope to find a few seconds for a spot of gaming. I’m quite eager to get stuck into Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, but I also intend to spend a moment with Coconut Dodge: Revitalised. The original was one of my favourite PlayStation Minis, so I’m eager to see how it holds up on the PlayStation Vita’s gigantic screen.

Mike Mason, Assistant Editor

I'm still toddling through the world of Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. As a Studio Ghibli fan, the visuals continue to astound me, and, while the story and its 'twists' lean a little on the predictable side, I'm having a great time.

Greg Giddens, Reviews Editor

Two weeks ago, I planned to commit my weekend to Resident Evil: Revelations, but my free time was mysteriously lost. Annoyingly, I can’t really remember what stole the hours away. Was I abducted by aliens? Anyway, this weekend I intend to get back to playing Capcom’s latest survival horror. Nothing will stop me this time. I’m locking the door, taking the phone off the hook, and chaining my legs to the settee. If the extraterrestrials want to grab me again, then they’ll have to beam the sofa up, too.

Katy Ellis, Events Correspondent

I’ll be playing Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune. Shockingly, I have never played this. I know – I’m an absolute disgrace to this very website. Still, I’m having a great time. I’m about 60 per cent of the way through the campaign, and I'm already looking forward to trying Uncharted 2: Among Thieves next. I’ll also be checking out Arcania: The Complete Tale for review. Watch this space for more on that.

Ben Potter, Staff Writer

This weekend I'll be continuing my appalling Trophy addiction with my recent acquisition of Fritz Chess. It has no place on a games console, but the developers were kind enough to include a Platinum Trophy, so it'd be rude to ignore it. I've even gone so far as to download a chess move predictor, so that I know exactly how to win. I have a problem.

Robert Ramsey, Staff Writer

This weekend I’m thinking of journeying into the world of Amalur once again, in the terribly titled Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. After seeing many of my friends enjoying the gloriously action-packed RPG thanks to PlayStation Plus, I may have to give into the temptation of reliving one of my favourite games of this generation. This time around I’ll be playing as a dastardly rogue, spending my time backstabbing monsters and stealing vegetables from townsfolk.

We’re off to settle down in front of our consoles now, but while we’re away, we’d love you to fill up the comments section with your own gaming agenda. What’s keeping the fan on your PS3 busy and the screen on your Vita smudged? Let us know in the comments section below.

8vpiper

8vpiper said:

Swearing this sharpshooter thing i just bought. looked great to use on killzone and resistance Damn.gif

Epic

Epic said:

EVERYTHING except Deus Ex.
Got stuck after going full stealth+hacker and encountering the 1st boss -_-.

irken004

irken004 said:

Some Killzone 3 multiplayer again and hopefully finish up Uncharted Golden Abyss's story.

UNC5052

UNC5052 said:

I'm also playing through the 1st Uncharted for the 1st time after having played every other one. (Craving Naughty Dog before next Friday!) Also playing Soul Sacrifice.

rjejr

rjejr said:

PvZ:A, Candy Crush and Puzzle and Dragons. I'm trying to overdose and get it all out of my system once and for all. A few more hours should do it.

Are you going to bother asking anybody this next weekend? :-)

neumaus

neumaus said:

Currently playing P4A, and will probably log into Toro's Friend Network later.
And maybe whatever else I want today. I generally don't play games on Sunday, though.

Doctor_BK

Doctor_BK said:

@get2sammyb I love it. I just beat the first inFAMOUS and I really enjoyed it, but the second one is better in almost every way. I'm really happy with the series.

@Doctor_BK Yeah, it's really good. Underrated, in my opinion. I always feel like Sucker Punch nails the controls in its games, so I'm really excited for inFAMOUS: Second Son. If you haven't already, you should definitely try out Festival of Blood. It's short, but the flying ability that you unlock is TONS of fun.

ObviouslySheik

ObviouslySheik said:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss on Crushing Mode, Super Stardust Delta on Hard Arcade (Pure of course), And Undead Nightmare in Red Dead Redemption.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

It will be mostly Resident Evil: Revelations however I'm going to try and mix in a few others as well because on the 14th, everything else takes a back seat to the 2013 GOTY and possibly this generation's crowning achievement. I can't wait for The Last of Us, it will be that good.

DHW

DHW said:

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The game.
Seriously, online is one of the best things that have ever happened to this game.

Philson

Philson said:

punchout,super ghouls n ghosts,super mario world,super metroid,f-zero,rayman legends app,trine 2,zombie u,super mario bros u and nintendo land on my wii u on a mates 60inch samsung,was quite spectacular,cant wait to visit him with my ps4 late this year

Doctor_BK

Doctor_BK said:

@get2sammyb Yeah, I think so too. I am also very excited for Second Son, I thin it'll be a great launch title. And no, I haven't played Festival of Blood, but I have it and I will probably play it once I beat inFamous 2.

uchinakagema

uchinakagema said:

Unfortunately I don't have a Playstation product in my hands at the moment so I am play the indie game State of Decay very funny and addictive if you want everything to run smoothly in a zombie apocalypse.

Rogue76

Rogue76 said:

The Cave, I downloaded this w/ my PS+ account, didn't know what to expect, but it's a fun game! Also, getting back into Batman: AA, I haven't finished it yet :( Made a promise that I won't play Batman: AC until I beat the first game.

odd69

odd69 said:

Rage(ps3) and Batman: The brave and the bold (wii) and perhaps borderlands 2 (ps3)

jgrangervikings1

jgrangervikings1 said:

Been playing a lot of Ratchet: Deadlocked on PS3 and Deus Ex...and Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault on Vita. Lots of slowdown on Vita version of FFAssault, but still a very good game worth playing.

Visiblemode

Visiblemode said:

Wow, Katy...Of all my backlog, I too am finally playing Uncharted Drake's fortune and am about 60% through it. The main difference is I've played all the other amazing Uncharted games and have put this one off for fear it would pale too much in comparison. Actually, as you now know too, it's awesome. It is primative compared to part 2 but it still rocks. Naturally, aside from righting a wrong, I'm also gearing up for The Last of Us with a Naughty Dog classic.

JMC

JMC said:

A litlle late to respond, but this weekend I played Batman Arkham City and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword