PlayStation Plus Reloads with Uncharted 3, XCOM, and LBP Karting

Tasty treats

Incredibly, it’s almost been a year since Sony introduced PlayStation Plus’ excellent Instant Game Collection initiative. As such, the platform holder is set to refresh the evergreen titles that have occupied the service for the past year with some brand new software. Starting next week (Tuesday in North America and Wednesday in Europe), you’ll be able to snag Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, LittleBigPlanet Karting, and XCOM: Enemy Unknown for free.

We should probably stress that the version of Uncharted 3 that's being offered is not actually the full game, but the single player component with its free-to-play multiplayer extension. As such, you’ll have to pay extra if you want to access the complete online offering. We suppose that that’s fair, though – this is one of the highest rated PlayStation 3 games of all time, after all.

Just in case you missed them, you can peruse the remainder of North America and Europe’s June updates through the respective links. Remember, the likes of LittleBigPlanet 2 and inFAMOUS 2 will be departing upon the arrival of these new games, so if you still haven’t downloaded them, make sure that you rectify that as soon as possible. And, as always, let us know if you’re satisfied with this update in the comments section and poll below.

Which PS Plus title are you most looking forward to? (21 votes)

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

33%

LittleBigPlanet Karting

24%

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

43%

Please login to vote in this poll.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com, blog.us.playstation.com]

JayArr

JayArr said:

Never heard of X-com.....is it good?

Stoked about LBK. Already got that Plat in Uncharted3 though.

rjejr

rjejr said:

"We should probably stress that the former is not actually the full game,"

I don't want to be the grammar police but when you list 3 games and use the word "former" it's a bit confusing.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

Haven't played any of those. Uncharteds should all be free hah!.... I'm just now DLing Deus Ex, I gotta catch up!

ViciousDS

ViciousDS said:

the full version of uncharted 3 though is 37GB so be happy that with what they have given us lol, hopefully they kept the singleplayer and multiplayer download seperate......that games unrealistically huge.

Epic

Epic said:

I was wrong T_T
Well at least I was right with Littlebigplanet Karting.

AceSpadeS

AceSpadeS said:

I'd like it if Sony would also change up their games for the Vita too. Maybe it's time for Uncharted Golden to go?

Gemuarto

Gemuarto said:

That's a good news. I already beat Uncharted 3, but repetition is the mother of knowledge =).really was waiting for opportunity to play it again.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

@AceSpadeS not even been a year yet. PS+ didn't join Vita til Novemeber (maybe December) so the IGC won't change til then.

@get2sammyb What exactly will you be missing out on then with Uncharted 3? It's not what is on the disc? Like if I really like it (sure I will) but want to Platinum it will I have to buy missing multiplayer parts to get the Platinum?

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Already own Uncharted and LBP Karting and Xcom isn't really my kind of game so not much for me. Uncharted makes it a solid update though, even if I was letdown by the game after the phenomenal Uncharted 2. U3 was still great.

SilentJ

SilentJ said:

Like most people, I already have Uncharted 3. I just wish the MP was included so I wouldn't have to use the disc anymore. I almost bought LBPK earlier in the year but I figured it would eventually be free so I'm glad I held off. As for XCOM, it always seemed interesting so I'll give it a shot.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@Gemuarto

We'll have to agree to disagree. :) I did like Uncharted 3 but I liked the story better in 2 and felt it was a more polished game.

Splat

Splat said:

@Gamer83 - I liked Uncharted 2 better than 3 as well. They are both great but IMO 2 is the better all around game.

Since I all ready have Uncharted 3 and LBPK I will give XCOM a shot I'm sure.

TheEmerlLad

TheEmerlLad said:

Xcom and Saint's Row will be insta-downloads for me. This is going to be a crazy year sacrificing what little of time I have for gamin'!

Amrulez

Amrulez said:

Playstation plus is easily the best console gaming subscription...only Steam compares with it on the PC side of things.