Jimmy Fallon Has a Knack for Playing, Er, Knack

Mark Cerny pops up on television

Late night TV host Jimmy Fallon may have struggled to get to grips with Killzone: Shadow Fall earlier in the year, but he definitely put in a much better performance with Knack overnight. As part of an ongoing video game week, Fallon invited PlayStation 4 system architect Mark Cerny onto the show to talk hardware and mascot platformers.

Incredibly, this is probably the best footage of Knack that we’ve actually seen. The colours really pop in the video, and Cerny did a great job of showing off the particle effects when you initiate a special attack. We still think that the game looks a little visually bland – compare it to Ratchet & Clank where the backdrops are bursting with activity – but the basis appears to be in place.

Are you planning to purchase Knack alongside your PS4? As always, let us know in the comments section below.

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

This just looks so awesome. MR cerny you got yourself 60 bucks. Playstation needs platformers

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

@get2sammyb Crash bandicoot / Jack and dexter / ratchet and clank/ god of war feel for me. Did you see the particle effects and the sea? Its just pixar :D

Epic

Epic said:

Knack looks promising hope you guys review it to see if it lives up my expectations.

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

@get2sammyb I hear you, man. This video actually got me interested in the game for the first time. Somehow, it never klicked for me, but I admit it looks fun. Won't buy this for launch, but maybe later on. Could even be willing to ignore the art style.

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

@Sanquine

Aw, no problem...you know what they say: "Let the scares be confined between the cover of a book, the moving pictures or the games of electronic delights, where surviving overwhelming odds is key, but let them not linger at places where people meet to be social and merry."

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

It's looking even better everytime I see it, but $60 is a little steep. Why not have it go for $40 like Thieves in Time or Puppeteer?

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

For Fallon to be reasonably good at the game it must be pretty accessible. I'm impressed though - it's looking like Knack will be the perfect alternative to obviously mature titles like Killzone: Shadow Fall and Watch Dogs - as Cerny mentioned.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

@Sanquine Thanks for catching that. I should really proofread what I'm typing, since those mistakes are pretty common when you do everything from a cellphone.

Grockumus

Grockumus said:

On Amazon, I couldn't decide between the Killzone: Shadow Fall PS4 bundle, or the Knack one. Since I already have like 8 months left on PS+, Knack is looking way more appealing.