E3 2013: Watch the World Burn in Battlefield 4 Gameplay Footage

Massive action game

Activision’s quickly running out of excuses for Call of Duty: Ghosts’ disappointing visuals. While we’ve given the franchise the benefit of the doubt on the basis of its superior framerate in the past, DICE has now confirmed that Battlefield 4 will run at 60 frames-per-second on the PlayStation 4. Furthermore, it will do so while boasting the impressive visuals embedded below.

If that wasn't enough, the developer has added that the next generation release will support up to 64 players in multiplayer. You can learn more about that – in addition to the new Commander mode – courtesy of this video. Unfortunately, if you're planning to pick up the PlayStation 3 version, you'll have to make do with 24 player battles.

Related Games

Wesker

Wesker said:

Impressive graphics, but the multiplayer demo is much more interesting IMO. I'm pretty much done with playing COD and COD copy single player campaigns, unless they improve the AI of the enemies.

@Wesker Yeah, definitely urge everyone to check out the multiplayer video. The link's in the article for those curious! :)

Itachi

Itachi said:

This game just keeps looking better each time I see it, and the Multiplayer looks insane. The level of detail is clearly a giant leap from the PS3, and one of the 1st games in my opinion to truly widen the gap between current gen and next gen.

AD-80

AD-80 said:

The part where they blow up that 50+ story building with the team in it and they all jump out with parachutes, left my jaw hanging on the ground.That's excitement.

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

This looks awesome! Everything I've seen of BF4 so far looks amazing (including the MP-Demo). If they pull this off in 60fps at 1080p, they will crush CoD, at least technics-wise. Up until now, the trailers suggest that CoD Ghosts doesn't look much better than current-gen in most places. Also, the commander mode with the option to use a tablet seems awesome.

sackninja

sackninja said:

Didn't even watch the single player... But they leveled a sky scrapper, In Multiplayer!!!!!!!!!! That's insane.

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

@ObviouslyAdachi : It is kinda an anti EA sentiment (ME3 really annoyed me), but also I have always been reticent to jump on the COD/BF bandwagon. But I will keep an eye out for this. It does look good, though if they put micro transactions in it I will barf.

Oh and I watch videos on this site in full-screen all the time, so I am not sure what the issue is for you there.

ObviouslyAdachi

ObviouslyAdachi said:

@Ginkgo
Well I have a MacsBook Air and there's no full screen option, which is strange because it's there on YouTube but this video is linked to YouTube.

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

@ObviouslyAdachi Ahh. I am watching using flash on a PC, and a Mac will be using HTML5. That still doesn't fully explain why you don't see the FS option, but it will explain why there is a difference between what you get and me.