E3 2013: inFAMOUS: Second Son Gameplay Footage Flies Like a Bird

Giving the Cole shoulder

Who said that next generation games are indistinguishable from existing releases? inFAMOUS: Second Son may not appear to be blowing off the doors from a gameplay perspective, but it sure looks clean for an open world game, doesn’t it? The first gameplay trailer embedded below shows protagonist Delsin Rowe zooming around the Seattle skyline and smoking out some DUP punks. We want this now.

sackninja

sackninja said:

Wait, do the enemies Have conduit powers? The "leaping" Love the melee weapon, using the vents and the "Orbital dive" (I think that's what they called it).

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

I'm remembering leaping enemies from inFamous 2 as well.

This game is looking freaking awesome, I'm sure Killzone and Watch_Dogs will be fantastic day one games but this is the one that sold me on being an early adopter of the PS4.

@Gamer83 Yeah, I think they've timed the release right, too. This should be coming out just as everyone's starting to complain about the "release drought". While it would have been nice at launch, I think it's going to do really well in that Jan-Mar timeframe.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

@get2sammyb

Absolutely. I think February or March would be perfect, just enough time to let people finish their holiday games and then bam, another great one right away. The early months of PS4 are looking to be a lot stronger than it was for PS3 and even PS2.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

That was fantastic. The way he moves around is a great improvement over how Cole got around - excluding Shadow Swarm, of course. The combat is smooth, the enemies are smart and the graphics look great.

It just pains me that I'll have to wait until February just to play it. Luckily I'll have Drive Club and Shadow Fall to keep me occupied until then.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

I love that move at the end. I believe this will be a real contender for my favorite game of 2014.

MorriganIsHot

MorriganIsHot said:

If only this was at launch, well at least there's shadow fall, AC4 and might look into knack.

IAmNotWill

IAmNotWill said:

2014 is going to be amazing for games. I hope I can get this and a PS4 by the end of next year.

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

That was fantastic. I can't wait. And also, did I miss something, or did he not refill his powers with smoke once during those 5 minutes. There is no way you can go that long using that many abilities without refilling your powers in the actual game.