Dragon's Dogma Braves the PlayStation Vita in New Freemium Quest

Beast wars

The announcement of Dragon’s Dogma Quest for the PlayStation Vita should be a reason to celebrate – but we recommend tempering your expectations a touch for the time being. The title – revealed in the latest issue of Famitsu magazine – is described as a free-to-play online RPG. Oh, and it’s all in 2D, too. But it could still be fun, right?

According to the publication, the game will feature over 150 jobs, and will offer a fast-paced adventure that’s playable on the go. The title’s said to have a more tactical focus than its console counterpart, but will still aim to capture the spirit of the main game. You’ll watch over battles, issuing commands, and levelling up.

In addition to the combat, you’ll also be able to explore dungeons, towns, and villages, where you’ll discover numerous side-quests. Pawns will return, and will factor into your party of four. You’ll also have the option to team up with your friends’ pawns, so that you can have a maximum group of eight. The title’s due out later this year in Japan, but there’s no word on a Western release date just yet.

[via famitsu.com, siliconera.com]

LDXD

LDXD said:

I went from excited to unexpired to confused to slightly interested again by the time I finished reading I don't know what to think of this

@LDXD I think it could be cool. Obviously, a full 3D Dragon's Dogma adventure would be preferable, but this sounds like it's tailored to suit the handheld format, which is probably a smart move.

Hopefully we'll get some screens/video soon.

LDXD

LDXD said:

@get2sammyb yeah it has me curious that's for sure I can say I wasn't expecting this. I like that it may be somewhat of a strategic or tactical rpg type of thing

Volmun

Volmun said:

seams cool. i just hope we can have the option to control awere charicter in combat. It sounded a bit automated siystem from what i red

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

When I read this I nearly pooped, but then I started to think about it. It'll be veeeeery interesting to see what Capcom do with it.

hydeks

hydeks said:

too little too late plays his 3DS XL he just traded his Vita in for sorry sony, should have brought more/ better games to the table :P

hydeks

hydeks said:

@Sanquine I probably would if I had more cash :P lol They had a deal on at my local store to trade in a vita or a old 3DS, get the 3DS XL and Luigi's Mansion for $50, so I took the offer. edit: I should mention the vita was a xmas gift, I didn't buy it

Vita as a console is a great achievement in portable, but the games so far haven't made the system worth purchasing :P Consider yourself luckier than me, you'll be enjoying both 3DS and Vita games in the future :)