This PS4 Trailer Is Really Cool, Even If It Is Fake

So, you want to play?

No matter how much you want it to be authentic, we’re afraid to say that this incredible PlayStation 4 trailer is as false as your grandparents’ teeth. A representative for Sony Computer Entertainment America has confirmed to Kotaku that the footage was not produced nor released by the company, meaning that it’s little more than an elaborate hoax.

Of course, the signs are already there if you look hard enough – it’s using existing footage of inFAMOUS: Second Son, and ironically there’s no ‘Make.Believe’ blip at the very end of the video. Still, this comes agonisingly close to being plausible, and we actually quite like the direction of the footage.

Despite being a fake, though, it raises an interesting discussion: what will the PS4 look like? Up until now, it’s a topic that we haven’t really given a whole lot of thought, but we’re curious what direction you think that the company’s going to adopt with the box’s design. Let us know in the comments section below.

[via youtube.com, kotaku.com]

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

You mean someone could do better marketing than sony?:P LOL Worst part is that sony's advertising is so bad

Paranoimia

Paranoimia said:

Not that great... they got the symbols in the wrong order at 11 seconds.

Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square... it's only been a trademark for 19 years or so.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I didn't like it personally - rapid cuts and bass music give me agita - but I still appreciate that it was well made and probably better than anything Sony is going to come out with. I can't imagine people would really want a glowing neon bar around their home console, but the sleek black curves looked good.

As for what the PS4 will really look like, I'd like a flat top w/ built in induction charging so I can just put my controller down when I'm done playing and it will charge. Room for 2 controllers would be nice. That "phat' curved PS3 top has got to go, and that sliding slim-er PS3 top is horrible also.

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

@get2sammyb That we know that sony is going to produce something worse is a bad sign. Microsoft knows how to market their xbox. Even if the playstation 4 is much better with a more focus on the gamer it will not sell in North America. chauvinism perhaps? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chauvinism

For example : I know that i love killzone so much because it is also from a dutch developer! :D ( And one of the best shooters out there)

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

@Sanquine I've never liked any of the Xbox ads since the original in the UK (the baby shooting out of it's Mum, flying through the sky, aging until its an old man who crashes into a coffin). Said sod all about the Xbox but was a good advert. Since then its just "Here's an FPS! Here's another! And another! And..." zzzzzz. Then again, that's all the 'kids' want nowadays.

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

@rastamadeus Kids want shooters ? ( I want killzone mercenary xD) No, but when i was a young kid i just wanted mario! Ooowh the good days of mario on the gameboy on the backseat of the car<3 Then when i was 12 years old mario and the six golden coins... For me personally that where the best gaming years of my life.. Now its a hobby but not something like when i was a youngster ... Miss those days only kingdom hearts has the magic to do the same

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

@Sanquine SML2 was a great game. Loved Bunny Mario. But yeah, sadly, they just want COD and Battlefield nowadays. It's quite distressing really. How many wonderful, unique and magical games get ignored completely for another bland shooting game?

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

@rastamadeus I know why... Look at the kids from today and tomorrow.. I am 23 years old and worked my bootie off for a master degree ( In economics) . Now i see kids not doing there atmost best to get a degree... I see kids failing because they got no values. Furthermore, they only care about booze and other things. Same goes for games.. Aggresive little trolls

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

The Micheal, GoW: Ascension, Kevin Butler and many other commercials were way better than this. I'm not saying it was bad, it just wasn't great.

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

@get2sammyb

That PS4 design you show there really looks like the original Sega Master System (North America)! Kinda like the sleek NES prototype designs.