Sony Scores with Enormous PS4 Champions League Final Presence

System almost certainly out this year in Europe

We feel for the players of Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund. Both teams have the ultimate prize in club football within their grasp – but those PlayStation 4 banners must be mighty distracting. We’re not sure how either side is going to be able to focus on putting the ball in the net when they know that they’ll be playing Killzone: Shadow Fall this Christmas.

And much like yesterday’s newspaper advert, that’s what these hoardings essentially confirm. Sony still hasn’t officially committed to a European launch window, but it’s hard to imagine that the system won’t be available this year after all of these promotions. Now all we need is for something equally exciting to happen on the pitch...

[via twitter.com]

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

Well, so far Dortmund is playing a pretty good match. ;)

But me, I couldn't surpress a little squeal of joy when I saw IT. :) I'm just hoping "coming 2013" means the whole EU, not just the UK. ^^

Exciting times, indeed! :)

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

Great game at half time. Happy to see 'COMING 2013' as well - finally it looks like the EU won't have to wait.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

Took me twenty minutes to even notice the advertising. Whether that is down to how little there is or me being engrossed in the match I'm not sure (very likely the latter).

Two quick points, how has Robben not scored? And as I said in my above post Xbox One will be out on or before November 5 according to the COD: Ghosts advert that was just on.

@rastamadeus I don't know, that's just the game's general release date (360/PS3/PC/etc). It could be that Xbox One is out before that date, though, yes.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

@get2sammyb I thought that but it only mentioned Xbox One. Surely Microsoft (and Activision) don't want to confuse casual gamers, like the Wii/Wii U debacle? Be bad enough that 99% of "next gen" games are on this gen already. I have a feeling Activision have just announced the Xbox One date before anyone was meant too.

Oh, it's the European Cup by the way ;) Sod what UEFA rename it, it always has and always will be the European Cup.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

What a game, Bayern deserved in the end I reckon. No sign of a PS4 advert during the break though - or did I miss it?

@ShogunRok Nah, that wasn't anything apart from Call of Duty: Ghosts. A shame, but perhaps not surprising — I think we would have seen a lot more hype for it if there was going to be a commercial.

The banner ads were prominent, though, so perhaps that's what the rumours were referring to.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

@ShogunRok Think they just about deserved it but you had to feel for Dortmund and Jurgen Klopp. Sony should sack off their PS4 advertising and just sign Klopp up instead, his carisma alone would sell thousands of machines.

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

Amazing game. Nonetheless, the PS4 adds out in the open were even more exciting for me. I WANTS ITS NOEW! :)