Here's What One Artist Reckons That the PS4 Will Look Like

Box of tricks

Ever since Sony released its sly PlayStation 4 teaser trailer, artists around the globe have been eager to produce some mock ups of the system’s final shape. We’ve already seen some nifty diagrams, but this latest attempt by Reddit user MrSmooth goes above the call of duty – offering a full three-dimensional render of the hypothetical machine.

The design appears to have all of the components of the recent trailer – there’s the strange diagonal lip, and the grills at the back. It is, however, missing that weird circular surface that was so pronounced in the video. Sony’s promised to give us our first glimpse at the console during E3, a move that’s at least keeping us guessing until the big show.

You can peruse all of the concept images through here. Do you like the general idea, or are you horrified by the proposal? As always, let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.

[via reddit.com, ps4daily.com]

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

It's stylish no doubt, but it's sooooo angular. Maybe looks a bit too much like monolithic abstract art for something as practical as a console. But again, it is stylish and has clearly had a lot of effort put into it.

sajoey

sajoey said:

I'm not particularly fond of this design, though I give props to the artist for the full 3D render.

I doubt this is what it will look like, but I reckon that he's got the right idea with the blue strip:

Untitled

sajoey

sajoey said:

@get2sammyb Yeah, most likely. I really like the blue strip, and I find it ironic that it mimics a certain Tron-Box we saw a few weeks ago...

Splat

Splat said:

If the light flashed on and off like that while playing I would find that distracting.

JayArr

JayArr said:

Daaaaaayyyyyuuuuuummmm! They should call that SexBox...........cause it is hooooooot.

hydeks

hydeks said:

I think that design is ugly, I actually prefer the other artist rendition that you guys posted.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

I have to agree with it probably incorporating something like the blue LED strip. It would make a lot of sense since the teaser had that blue pulsing light at the end of it. At this rate, it could define the console's appearance.

NathanUC

NathanUC said:

where are those cool vents? Where's that stupid circle bit? It looks nice, but I think it's missing a lot from the Sony sneak peak?

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

Looks pretty sexy. I'd take it out for a nice candle-lit dinner, and get it home before 11.

rjejr

rjejr said:

They copied the Wii's flashing blue notification light? Wonderful.

If it does look anything that abstract, well that's up to them, I just hope the designers take into account heat dissipation so the thing doesn't die. I owned a purple Gamecube so I'll own anything regardless of appearance. .