Here's an Example of What the PlayStation 4 Could Look Like

Artist's impression

Yesterday’s sneaky PlayStation 4 teaser trailer included some abstract images of Sony’s next generation console – and Reddit user Albino-Zebra has pulled together the pieces in order to produce this convincing impression of the hardware. The image includes all of the components from the teaser, right down to the circular surface and grill.

We'll get our first proper look at the console during the Japanese giant’s E3 press conference on the 10th June. In the meantime, feel free to share your thoughts on the render embedded above. Would you proudly display this in your TV cabinet, or do you think that it’s an atrocity? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via reddit.com, vg247.com]

neumaus

neumaus said:

After paying so much for a beast of a console, you'd hide it away if it looked a certain way because it's an "atrocity"? The PS3 is very ugly, but here it sits on my coffee table for everyone to see when they enter my house. The hdmi wire and power cable is hanging from it and in the way, and generally it's a mess.
But who cares? Performance and games are what matters most. I really don't care WHAT the PS4 looks like, all I know is that I want one.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

I think it looks fine, I'd proudly show it off to friends and family. Based on everything were lucky enough to be shown, I think the actual PS4 will look a lot sleeker than this.

@neumaus What kind of PS3 do you own, the super slim? Because I'm looking at my slim PS3 and I see nothing ugly about it.

rjejr

rjejr said:

It looks like a 10 year old laptop.

They should just make it look like a Dalek and be done with it. Preferably life size.

OK, it's better looking than the XBox One. (Hey, I need something to do while I eat lunch.)

hydeks

hydeks said:

looks better than the xbox one at least lol I figure it will look ps3-ish too.

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

The vent's gotta be on the back, tho, right? Or yeah is it supposed to be like a car? Lolol I somehow think this is more like a scrambled rubix cube version of what the real chassis will be

neumaus

neumaus said:

@TheRealBatman I think a lot of things are ridiculous as well; will you judge me so greatly by my harmless opinion?
What a world we live in, where one cannot even have an opinion, a preference, without being criticized.

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

It looks like a giant hinge that allows the two halves to open up. Maybe that's how you put the disc in? Save money on construction too with just a fliptop disc tray.

This design doesn't look very appealing to me though.