Beware of The Last of Us Ending Spoilers

Posted by Katy Ellis

Naturally, we're not revealing a thing

While many action and survival horror fans are patiently awaiting the release of Naughty Dog's upcoming title The Last of Us, it seems that some gamers simply couldn't resist exposing the end of the story. The demo version of the game, which was included with copies of God of War: Ascension, has been hacked to reveal the file names of all of the title's cutscenes, many of which disclosed information about the ending sequences and what happens to the characters.

As well as story hints, the hackers also discovered a list of the game's weapons and new snippets about the multiplayer mode. This information has already spread across the Internet, so it's advisable for any gamers who don't want to hear these spoilers to steer clear of any of The Last of Us threads on sites such as 4chan, Reddit, and GameFAQs.

You'll be able to discover the ending through more conventional means on 14th June, when the Naughty Dog-developed exclusive is set to hit store shelves.

[via eurogamer.net]

Paranoimia

Paranoimia said:

Jerks.

Fortunately, I've been steering clear of anything and everything TLOU related since last E3. No chat, no forums... haven't even watched ND's official trailers. I don't want to know anything more about the game until it's released and I discover it all for myself.

Why these morons want to insist on trying to spoil it for people is beyond me.

I won't even re-visit this article in case some pilchard posts something here.

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

I can't understand why people are so desperate for information on something that they are willing to ruin it for when they can actually play it.

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

Unfortunately, I came across a spoiler. I won't tell you all what it is, no point in ruining it for you guys. Even with the spoiler, I still plan on buying the game.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

I'll never understand why some people insist on ruining the ending not only for others, but for themselves as well. Yea, if the gameplay is fun the game is still enjoyable but already knowing what happens ruins the experience.

Alpha

Alpha said:

I'm very happy about this! Not the spoilers but about the fact that the fine folks at push square go out of there way to inform us that stuff has been leaked so we can stay away from it, or search for it. I love PushSquare, greatest PlayStation info site EVER!!!! and it doss suck about people trying to spoil the game. A lot of people love ruining the game for others just for a laugh.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Interesting article right after the one about "share". Supposedly Miiverse is policed for spoilers - in case you cant guess Mario saves Peach at the end of NSMBU - I wonder if Sony will do any type of monitoring of all the stuff we'll be abe to share?